Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Anyone know where the Vulcan S is made?

21K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  VulcanHead 
#1 ·
Just wondering which country actually produces the Vulcan S or if multiple countries do. Thanks!

#4 ·
So assembled in Thailand? I was watching a documentary on Kawasaki which included their a look at their SOP for production and line assembly. The location of production was in Akashi, Japan. Here's a link if anyone's interested. Fascinating look at Kawasaki!

https://youtu.be/_A0mSEadvas?t=1458

I as specifically wondering where their Canadian and USA models were produced and assembled.

#12 ·
Well according to that documentary which was dated from last year, it states that all of Kawasaki motorcycles are made at that same plant. So where are you guys getting your information about all these other countries? What is your source so all of us can determine what is right and what is wrong ?

#15 ·
I can see where you're coming from. It's very likely the parts are made in Japan then shipped to different parts around the world for assembly.
It was one thing I considered when this topic came up. Define "made". But that could be traced across multiple countries. Where was the bike made, where were the parts made, where was the plastic and metal that made the parts made? Where were the ores extracted that made the materials......I can keep going.......

#17 · (Edited)
The bike was designed in Japan. Where it is “made” or “built” is a totally different beast and depends on many factors.

With the many differing types of supply chain manufacturing strategies used today, from MTS, MTO, JIT, VMI, etc. using a method that works best for the market for which the bike would be sold, is the ideal strategy for effectiveness and efficiency.

I’m enjoying my bike regardless of where it was “made”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#24 ·
All Kawasaki motorcycles have VINs starting with JK - it indicates the manufacturer being from Japan, and specifically Kawasaki. Other companies use the region position with more granularity Like LMC for Suzuki Hong Kong or VTT for Suzuki Spain, but all Kawis are JK.

The Vulcan S, as others have noted, is assembled in Thailand. The Engine and Frame are produced in Japan.

#37 · (Edited)
Hey, I have a German Super Car. Super Econo Car that is and it's proudly made in Mexico :grin2: and if I put a shot of Tequila in the Tank every other fill up it keeps on getting 44 mpg :wink2:

Crap, I just looked up where my Volkswagen Passat was made and it isn't Mexico at all but Chattanooga, Tennessee. :surprise: I could have put cheap ass Moonshine in the tank instead of expensive Petron Silver :laugh2:

And I will race both of those SRT's in distance using a tank of fuel. (In my case Diesel) 800 miles on one tank (highway)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.