Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Seat preference

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigjim 
#1 ·
Hay, any ideas on the factory set up. At 6ft with long arms called dealer asked to have Pegs in forward position. they were dancing around over the phone. I'm not too dealer friendly been doing my own work my whole life.
Which seat is more user friendly you know nicer on the long rides. Bought the bike last Tuesday, left it in the dealer due to snow and salt. Going to dirty it up a little tomorrow.

#2 ·
I have serious regrets that I didn't opt for the extended reach seat. From what I remember others saying who have tried both the Extended is much better. There's a gel layer inside that the mid reach doesn't have, if I remember correctly. Moving the pegs forward on your own is easy enough just need to order the longer shift rod to accommodate.

#3 ·
I had the same problem when I purchased my 2015 Vulcan S. I was set for a smaller person. I'm 6'2 and couldn't get comfortable on the bike. I went to the dealer and had everything extended. I also purchased an extended seat and it has helped a lot. Another thing that might help is to have the handlebars pushed up. The bike is perfect now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.