new Vulcan S 2016 rider thoughts and breaking in period
New 2016 Vulcan S in my garage. Love it so far.
Completed just 350 km and I have to say stayin at 4000rpm is a hard job.
What I like:
- general looks of the bike
- shifting is absolutely beautifull, not once has it failed to do what I wanted
- suprising agility in the corners and slow speed agility
- faster then I thought, definitely not a tipical cruiser
- standard seat and footpegs for my 184cm height is perfect
- one disk front brake seems to be enought for me
- very good engine breaking
What I dislike:
- below 2500 rpms tones of vibrations and lag of engine
- back end of Vulcan S is the ugliest part of the bike, it just stands out to far from the tire
- low rpm noise from exhaust, just too quiet, but I have to add on that note that after 5000rpms sounds exellent, but its more the engine then the exhaust
How did you guys manege to go throught breaking in period, I mean 800km bellow 4000rpm and then another 800km bellow 6000rpm...for longer periods I stay under 4000 but from time to time I at least accelerate at arround 6000, hopefully its not that bad.