Vulcan 650 S pictures here! - Page 48 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 669Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Year/Make/Model: 17 Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Red/Black
The mask was only worn for the picture - was going 25mph in front of my dad’s house...

It got cloudy towards the end of my ride, so for the last 40 miles, it was pretty damn cold even with my mesh jacket and full face (65 degrees lol)...

KeepRidin and treyfus84 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM
pw-

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S ABS
Color: Black
And now for something a little different.

I couldn't ride the bike for long periods in its stock configuration, but I really like the bike otherwise. It put too much pressure on my spine and butt. In this config, I rode from Tampa to Daytona and back. Minor neck pain from fighting the wind at higher speeds, but aside from that, feels great! Also nice to be able to stand up over speed bumps or to shift around on the seat for different positions.

Roast me.

KeepRidin, Sturke and treyfus84 like this.
post #473 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:05 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650
Garage
Latest upgrade: Falcon exhaust

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
KeepRidin, Sturke and B3Hulk like this.

I'm just here for the gasoline.

post #474 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:49 PM

Year/Make/Model: 17 Vulcan S
Color: Red/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw- View Post

I couldn't ride the bike for long periods in its stock configuration, but I really like the bike otherwise. It put too much pressure on my spine and butt. In this config, I rode from Tampa to Daytona and back. Minor neck pain from fighting the wind at higher speeds, but aside from that, feels great! Also nice to be able to stand up over speed bumps or to shift around on the seat for different positions.

Roast me.

Not “completely gross”, but now it looks like one of those 1 cylinder bikes you see in 3rd World Countries like Cambodia or Indonesia lol
post #475 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 649 cc
Color: Green
Garage
@pw- I like it, you probably have one of the only VS with footpegs anywhere but in the stock locations. How'd you go about that anyways?

-KeepRidin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #476 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:41 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan S SE
Color: Blue/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRidin View Post
@pw- I like it, you probably have one of the only VS with footpegs anywhere but in the stock locations. How'd you go about that anyways?
I hadn't noticed that. Interesting.
Sturke likes this.
post #477 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
pw-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRidin View Post
I found some mounting points on the side to fit a new plates to attach the footpeg mounts to, then had the plates made and holes drilled and threaded to attach the plates to the bike, and the mounts to the plates. I then used 2005 SV650 pegs which fit the peg mounts just fine and weren't as bulky as the stock pegs. It was fairly straightforward. The shifter and brake levers had to be cut and re-welded at the right angle for the new foot position, which were the only parts in the whole process that would have to be purchased and replaced if the bike was going back to stock. The lever mounts, which double as peg mounts, were left alone, just repositioned. I had to extend the wires running to the rear brake pedal and find a place to neatly route and hide the cable, and find a new place to mount the rear brake fluid reservoir. I also bought another shifter rod ($5.95 from a kawasaki dealer) that runs from the shift lever to the transmission and shortened it to fit the new space.

All of this is easily reversible at the cost of a new shift lever ($58) and brake pedal ($52.) Days and days to get it fabricated, 20 minutes to revert to stock.
KeepRidin likes this.

Last edited by pw-; 01-22-2019 at 02:12 PM.
post #478 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:13 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Garage
Quote:
I found some mounting points on the side to fit a new plates to attach the footpeg mounts to, then had the plates made and holes drilled and threaded to attach the plates to the bike, and the mounts to the plates. I then used 2005 SV650 pegs which fit the peg mounts just fine and weren't as bulky as the stock pegs. It was fairly straightforward. The shifter and brake levers had to be cut and re-welded at the right angle for the new foot position, which were the only parts in the whole process that would have to be purchased and replaced if the bike was going back to stock. The lever mounts, which double as peg mounts, were left alone, just repositioned. I had to extend the wires running to the rear brake pedal and find a place to neatly route and hide the cable, and find a new place to mount the rear brake fluid reservoir. I also bought another shifter rod ($5.95 from a kawasaki dealer) that runs from the shift lever to the transmission and shortened it to fit the new space.

All of this is easily reversible at the cost of a new shift lever ($58) and brake pedal ($52.) Days and days to get it fabricated, 20 minutes to revert to stock.
Nice job actually. Not my thing, but it doesn't look awful. How's that for a compliment?

A tail tidy would make it look much better, IMHO.

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - Tesla Model 3 Performance
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
post #479 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:40 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Color: White
Quote:

Roast me.

Most modifications that I see on the S look ridiculous but that seat you put on there looks perfectly natural. GREAT JOB.
post #480 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 PM
pw-

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
Most modifications that I see on the S look ridiculous but that seat you put on there looks perfectly natural. GREAT JOB.
I'm afraid I cheated a bit. It's a replica of the 1969-70 Kawasaki H1 Mach III seat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode