Vulcan 650 S pictures here! - Page 48 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 669Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Houston Texas
Year/Make/Model: 17 Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Red/Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 161
The mask was only worn for the picture - was going 25mph in front of my dad’s house...

It got cloudy towards the end of my ride, so for the last 40 miles, it was pretty damn cold even with my mesh jacket and full face (65 degrees lol)...







KeepRidin and treyfus84 like this.
Litos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #472 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM
pw-
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S ABS
Color: Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
And now for something a little different.

I couldn't ride the bike for long periods in its stock configuration, but I really like the bike otherwise. It put too much pressure on my spine and butt. In this config, I rode from Tampa to Daytona and back. Minor neck pain from fighting the wind at higher speeds, but aside from that, feels great! Also nice to be able to stand up over speed bumps or to shift around on the seat for different positions.

Roast me.



KeepRidin, Sturke and treyfus84 like this.
pw- is offline  
post #473 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Junior Member
 
H_A_N_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 24
Garage
Latest upgrade: Falcon exhaust

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
KeepRidin, Sturke and B3Hulk like this.

I'm just here for the gasoline.
H_A_N_S is offline  
 
post #474 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Houston Texas
Year/Make/Model: 17 Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Red/Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw- View Post
And now for something a little different.

I couldn't ride the bike for long periods in its stock configuration, but I really like the bike otherwise. It put too much pressure on my spine and butt. In this config, I rode from Tampa to Daytona and back. Minor neck pain from fighting the wind at higher speeds, but aside from that, feels great! Also nice to be able to stand up over speed bumps or to shift around on the seat for different positions.

Roast me.



Not “completely gross”, but now it looks like one of those 1 cylinder bikes you see in 3rd World Countries like Cambodia or Indonesia lol
Litos is offline  
post #475 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
KeepRidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 649 cc
Color: Green
Gender: Male
Posts: 344
Garage
@pw- I like it, you probably have one of the only VS with footpegs anywhere but in the stock locations. How'd you go about that anyways?

-KeepRidin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KeepRidin is offline  
post #476 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan S SE
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Blue/black
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRidin View Post
@pw- I like it, you probably have one of the only VS with footpegs anywhere but in the stock locations. How'd you go about that anyways?
I hadn't noticed that. Interesting.
Sturke likes this.
debroy62 is offline  
post #477 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM
pw-
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S ABS
Color: Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepRidin View Post
@pw- I like it, you probably have one of the only VS with footpegs anywhere but in the stock locations. How'd you go about that anyways?
I found some mounting points on the side to fit a new plates to attach the footpeg mounts to, then had the plates made and holes drilled and threaded to attach the plates to the bike, and the mounts to the plates. I then used 2005 SV650 pegs which fit the peg mounts just fine and weren't as bulky as the stock pegs. It was fairly straightforward. The shifter and brake levers had to be cut and re-welded at the right angle for the new foot position, which were the only parts in the whole process that would have to be purchased and replaced if the bike was going back to stock. The lever mounts, which double as peg mounts, were left alone, just repositioned. I had to extend the wires running to the rear brake pedal and find a place to neatly route and hide the cable, and find a new place to mount the rear brake fluid reservoir. I also bought another shifter rod ($5.95 from a kawasaki dealer) that runs from the shift lever to the transmission and shortened it to fit the new space.

All of this is easily reversible at the cost of a new shift lever ($58) and brake pedal ($52.) Days and days to get it fabricated, 20 minutes to revert to stock.
KeepRidin likes this.

Last edited by pw-; 01-22-2019 at 02:12 PM.
pw- is offline  
post #478 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Foobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New York
Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: Pearl Storm Gray
Gender: Male
Posts: 261
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw- View Post
I found some mounting points on the side to fit a new plates to attach the footpeg mounts to, then had the plates made and holes drilled and threaded to attach the plates to the bike, and the mounts to the plates. I then used 2005 SV650 pegs which fit the peg mounts just fine and weren't as bulky as the stock pegs. It was fairly straightforward. The shifter and brake levers had to be cut and re-welded at the right angle for the new foot position, which were the only parts in the whole process that would have to be purchased and replaced if the bike was going back to stock. The lever mounts, which double as peg mounts, were left alone, just repositioned. I had to extend the wires running to the rear brake pedal and find a place to neatly route and hide the cable, and find a new place to mount the rear brake fluid reservoir. I also bought another shifter rod ($5.95 from a kawasaki dealer) that runs from the shift lever to the transmission and shortened it to fit the new space.

All of this is easily reversible at the cost of a new shift lever ($58) and brake pedal ($52.) Days and days to get it fabricated, 20 minutes to revert to stock.
Nice job actually. Not my thing, but it doesn't look awful. How's that for a compliment?

A tail tidy would make it look much better, IMHO.

2 Wheels - 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS Cafe / 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS
4 Wheels - Tesla Model 3 Performance
4 Wheeler - 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Foobar is offline  
post #479 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Beautiful Long Beach Caifornia
Year/Make/Model: 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: White
Gender: Male
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw- View Post
And now for something a little different.

I couldn't ride the bike for long periods in its stock configuration, but I really like the bike otherwise. It put too much pressure on my spine and butt. In this config, I rode from Tampa to Daytona and back. Minor neck pain from fighting the wind at higher speeds, but aside from that, feels great! Also nice to be able to stand up over speed bumps or to shift around on the seat for different positions.

Roast me.



Most modifications that I see on the S look ridiculous but that seat you put on there looks perfectly natural. GREAT JOB.
longbeachgary is offline  
post #480 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 PM
pw-
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S ABS
Color: Black
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachgary View Post
Most modifications that I see on the S look ridiculous but that seat you put on there looks perfectly natural. GREAT JOB.
I'm afraid I cheated a bit. It's a replica of the 1969-70 Kawasaki H1 Mach III seat.

pw- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New here and potential 650 S owner Devin New Member Introductions 8 03-27-2018 08:19 PM
Hello.. Vulcan 650 new owner here Moody New Member Introductions 2 09-06-2015 02:37 PM
New Vulcan S 650 Drifter General Vulcan Talk 3 11-04-2014 04:15 PM
new member plus pictures! 08 vulcan 900 custom GotgameKy New Member Introductions 17 08-15-2009 06:55 PM
Vulcan 500 Vs V-star 650??????? RangerMatt New Riders 3 11-28-2008 12:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome