Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

900 LT Amazing Ride Ft Worth Tx to Montana

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chas63 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I posted my ride on the ride forum. It is listed as 900 LT Amazing Ride Ft Worth to Montana. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions about the 900 and how it did let me know.

Crutch

#3 ·
You said that it was a little extreme doing it with the 900, Where did it fall short on the ride and how did the other riders do with there rides, what kind of bikes

#4 ·
First let me say that this is a very minor shortfall... Only because the ride was so long did the 900 seem to fall short... the weight of the bike while trying to bust through the very windy days in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas. A heavier bike with a bit more HP can handle the wind a bit better. My opinion only, it's not that it does a bad job, it's just that it becomes very taxing on the body..I got very tired. But hea, it's a 900, not a HD Electra Glide Classic 850# bike.. My buddies were riding HD Road King, and HD Electra Glide. 800# + bikes with 1700cc motors, full dressed... The 900 did exactly what it was intended to do...with no problems at all...

Crutch

#5 ·
First let me say that this is a very minor shortfall... Only because the ride was so long did the 900 seem to fall short... the weight of the bike while trying to bust through the very windy days in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas. A heavier bike with a bit more HP can handle the wind a bit better. My opinion only, it's not that it does a bad job, it's just that it becomes very taxing on the body..I got very tired. But hea, it's a 900, not a HD Electra Glide Classic 850# bike.. My buddies were riding HD Road King, and HD Electra Glide. 800# + bikes with 1700cc motors, full dressed... The 900 did exactly what it was intended to do...with no problems at all...

Crutch
Crutch,

I agree with you completely. I've got a 900 Classic LT AND a Harley Electra Glide Classic. For riding around the suburbs and on the back roads where I seldom get over 60 mph (except for short spurts), the 900 Classic LT is just fine. But if I'm going to ride on the Super Slab at 70 to 75 mph, the Harley Electra Glide Classic is the hands down winner. It's just more comfortable, more stable, and less tiring than the lighter 900 Classic LT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.