O'Reilly's auto-parts is my new favorite bike parts store - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Vulcan Classic LT 900
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Blue/Silver
O'Reilly's auto-parts is my new favorite bike parts store

I just for the heck of it called around for some brake pads for my vulcan 900, thinking I was going to have to order them and wait for a couple of weeks. called autozone nothing Napa nothing, called o Rileys and they have both sets front and rear in stock for 18.99 a pair! Bikebandit had them after market, for $24.99 per pairr, but you pay shipping and have to wait, so baby gets new brake pads for Thanksgiving Day present. Love it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I am surprised NAPA didn't have them. Locally if it is in there parts book they may not have it in stock at the retail store but can have it the next day.

As car parts go NAPA is usually a little higher than other parts houses but I have bought many random parts from them for much less. For example, several years ago Mercury outboards wanted close to $700 for a lower unit bearing set, The same bearings from NAPA were about $55, Last year John Deer wanted over $500 for the starter I needed for my lawn tractor, I bought one from NAPA for $160.

I haven't tried to buy parts for the Nomad from them yet, but so far they have had the parts for every thing else I have Kawasaki motors on.

Last edited by TS Tinker; 11-29-2013 at 06:39 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 vulcan 2000
Displacement/CC's: 2000
Color: Blue
They have the kn303 oil filters for my vulcan 2000 too, all the motorcycle shops around have to order it, so I just get them off amazon

2005 KAWASAKI VULCAN 2000 A2
VANCE AND HINES POWERSHOTS EXHAUST
COBRA FI2000 TRIPOT EFI
THUNDER TORNADO AIR INTAKE
K&N AIR FILTER
TSUKAYU STRONGS LEATHER HARD BAGS

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

And now the rest of the story, I went pick up front and rear brakes, came home, tore my front brake pads off, only to realize they gave me the wrong pads. Check the back, they were the correct ones so I put on my rears bled the back brakes. Called O'Reilly's told them of the mixup on the front, they have them overnighted to their store, I'm here at 7:30 a.m. Picking them up, they were 32 dollars, but the guy gave them to me for the original price Cincy screwed up of 1899. These are better quality than the pads I put on the rear, they have the copper backing with the more Kevlar look

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 07:00 AM

Garage
We had O'Reilly's where I grew up in the South, but once I moved to Maine all I have is the Advance/Autozone selection. We have one Napa in the area, but it is closed on weekends, and after 5pm on weekdays. Seems strange to me to have an autoparts store with banker's hours. They're the closest, but I always end up going shopping for parts after work or on the weekends, so I've only been in there once or twice.

What brand were the pads, Keller? $20 a pair seems extremely reasonable. The cheapest I've seen locally at the bike shop was almost $40 a pair for EBC.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
We had O'Reilly's where I grew up in the South, but once I moved to Maine all I have is the Advance/Autozone selection. We have one Napa in the area, but it is closed on weekends, and after 5pm on weekdays. Seems strange to me to have an autoparts store with banker's hours. They're the closest, but I always end up going shopping for parts after work or on the weekends, so I've only been in there once or twice.

What brand were the pads, Keller? $20 a pair seems extremely reasonable. The cheapest I've seen locally at the bike shop was almost $40 a pair for EBC.
Sounds like somebody needs to move back south! I live in Charlotte North Carolina and we have an advanced, autozone, & a Rileys probably 5 within 10 miles of me, they are all open weekends, and overnight parts for next morning pick up! They said on the side of the box break best, but I'm not sure if actually actual brand as both types of brake pads came to me in those boxes, and the boxes look to have been reused. The new front that I got, like I said, have the copper color backing and look much more expensive then the other ones which were black with black pads

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical mr mistoffeles View Post
They have the kn303 oil filters for my vulcan 2000 too, all the motorcycle shops around have to order it, so I just get them off amazon
They actually have a couple of different oil filters for my Nomad. The K&N 303 is the same one I use. Their Mobil one price is one dollar higher than Walmart. Except they actually have it. Unlike Walmart.

2012 Nomad 1700
Cobra Luggage Rack
Airlite Crash Bar Chaps
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Back Rest
Fire and Steel Light Bar
Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Kuryakyn Power Point
Back Off XP Brake Light Modulator

08 900 Custom - Traded in!