Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

A confession

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rattler50 
#1 ·
The local Motorcycle dealer has their spring open house / sale going on this week.

Yesterday at lunchtime I stopped in to see what was up, what was on sale, what was new, etc.

They had a very nice Vulcan 900 Custom, Matte black, looked awesome for a good price. They also had a couple well left over but "new" V2Ks for reasonable prices.

Then, in a moment of weakness, I kept wandering around and ended up at the BMW demo truck they had set up. So I signed up and rode a BMW F800GS and, WOW, I was impressed.

I am now torn as to what to do for the future.

Luckily, with my daughter getting married in June I can't aford a new bike any time soon anyway. But I do feel bad that I cheated on my little Vulcan 500! I hope it forgives me!

#3 ·
Which dealership? I'm SE Pa.

And btw I used to own a BMW F 650f DAKKAR.

probably one of the Funest and most vesatile bikes I have ever owned!

It served it's purpose while I lived in so cal! Desert to mountain switchback roads, to trails to pacific coast hwy to whatever..

And now I am a proud owner of a new Vulcan 900 classic, am very happy with it.

I will keep my vn 900 prob forever but if I ever land that dream $$ job I am pretty sure I will be in the market for a BMW 1200 adventure!!

#4 ·
Which dealership? I'm SE Pa.
Montgomeryville Cycle Center on Rt. 309 in Hatfield. http://www.montgomeryvillecc.com/ (It used to actually BE in Montgomeryville many years ago and they didn't change the name when they moved.)

The BMW Demo truck will be there through tomorrow (Saturday 4/9).

If the late morning weather is OK I may just take a ride up there again!

#9 ·
BMW makes a great bike. I totaled mine and bought the Vulcan 2000. Nothing compares.............:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.