Finished Rider's Edge Course! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Finished Rider's Edge Course!

Hey all! Finished my Harley Rider's Edge course today. Had a blast over the weekend. Felt kinda bad that it was over so quick.

Had a great time on the Buell Blast, although I have to say with just one cylinder, they do vibrate you nearly to death!

Still have to take the road test with the DMV (a whole issue in Illinois we don't want to get into).

Instructor did tell us that we are all officially certified to ride less than 20 in any parking lot in the US!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Congrats!

Wife did the Riders Edge and got a lot out of it, I'm a firm believer that ANY MSF course is a tremendous tool in ANY bikers tool belt. (Or is it vest?)

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Congrats I took the local MSF course a last spring and learned a lot. I'm actually gonna take it again w my wife and daughter this year for support but I'm sure ill learn something I missed last time. What I did learn has helped me in a couple of close calls so far. I tell ppl all the time that its easy to ride 80 in a straight line. It's under 30 and in town that's dangerous. Lol and that's the truth.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM

MSF for the win

I love the MSF courses. I am required to take the advanced riders course every 3 years and enjoy it every time. I will say the initial BRC class helped me alot.

I bought my first bike (a Hona Shadow Phantom) and signed up for the first available class which was 2 months out. So I practiced with a friend of mine a little bit in the drive way and he managed to pressure me into doing a back road ride on some twisties. Well it started out great but we came up to a turn just over a small hill that happened to have gravel thrown all the way across it. I kinda freaked out and didn't slow down but grabbed the clutch. Well I low sided at about 40 mph I got up fine as could be with no injuries but the bike was beat up a little bit and had to get it fixed for the BRC. Got it cleaned up and fixed and went to the BRC.

When I got there I told them about the accident and they said they would show me what to do next time. I was a little shacky at first but by the end of the class the instructor came up to me and said he saw the improvement in my confidance and riding skill and that I was the most improved by far. Made me feel good about the class and it really helped me out.

I have run into multiple situations over the past few years from brakes locking up to the rear tire sliding out on me due to frost or other vehicles pulling out on me and every time I stayed calm and was able to do the right thing and prevent another accident.

So in closing MSF courses are worth thier weight in gold for everything they can teach a new rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode