3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Vulcan Classic LT 900
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Blue/Silver
I'm back! Sold the Goldwing!

Yes I had the Honda Goldwing for about a year, 2006 fully loaded, POS! Why did I come back? Several reasons, first of all I just don't have the time to do cross country right now as I'm still in my money making years! So when you're only doing Maybe day trips and a commuter, nothing better than the Vulcan 900! Why else would I come back, believe it or not on back roads secondary roads, this has a much more plush ride than the Goldwing! You say I'm crazy? Google some forums about it! Unless you're ready to throw $4,000 to a traxxion suspension aftermarket ,your ride's going to feel like s***! My wife said her fillings almost came out on the back seat! Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Gas mileage! 13 more miles to a gallon, three tanks I'm averaging 45 miles to the gallon, never got above 32 on the Gold Wing. Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Believe it or not wind protection! Buffeting! My wife and I tried 3 different windshields on that Goldwing and nothing compares as far as clean air than the stock windshield on the Vulcan 900! I only missed two things, the stereo! And the seat! But I got my appointment scheduled with mean City Cycles for July! I feel quite sure they can fix me up for around a hundred and sixty bucks keeping the stock seat look. Anyway changed the coolant today, changed the filter, change the spark plugs, changed brake fluid, all I have left is the oil, and the seller of my blue 2008 900 classic LT told me he just changed the oil a couple of months before he sold it to me , so that'll be it and she is fully ready to ride! Oh yeah how long did it take me to change my filter on this bike? About 5 minutes, on the Honda Goldwing, it was an 8-hour job! There's just absolutely no comparison on the 8th of doing your own work on this one compared to the Goldwing. Good to be back guys and gals!
MikeL123 and G Man like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Couple of pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20160522_192306.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	163762   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20160522_192348.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	163770   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20160522_192351.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	163778  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2010 NOMAD
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/titanium
Garage
Welcome back!!!Really the GW pos?Little surprised

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

[QUOTE=revrider;2455538]Welcome back!!!Really the GW pos?Little

Yes, thought it could have been just mine but so many issues I was having, front wobble, bad suspension, those type things seem to be occurring with a lot of other Forum members bikes older than 2012
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
Welcome back. Nice looking bike. Try some white walls, that would look sweet.

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights
Chrome Woo Loo Air Horn
Avon Grips
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:08 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
Yes I had the Honda Goldwing for about a year, 2006 fully loaded, POS! Why did I come back? Several reasons, first of all I just don't have the time to do cross country right now as I'm still in my money making years! So when you're only doing Maybe day trips and a commuter, nothing better than the Vulcan 900! Why else would I come back, believe it or not on back roads secondary roads, this has a much more plush ride than the Goldwing! You say I'm crazy? Google some forums about it! Unless you're ready to throw $4,000 to a traxxion suspension aftermarket ,your ride's going to feel like s***! My wife said her fillings almost came out on the back seat! Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Gas mileage! 13 more miles to a gallon, three tanks I'm averaging 45 miles to the gallon, never got above 32 on the Gold Wing. Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Believe it or not wind protection! Buffeting! My wife and I tried 3 different windshields on that Goldwing and nothing compares as far as clean air than the stock windshield on the Vulcan 900! I only missed two things, the stereo! And the seat! But I got my appointment scheduled with mean City Cycles for July! I feel quite sure they can fix me up for around a hundred and sixty bucks keeping the stock seat look. Anyway changed the coolant today, changed the filter, change the spark plugs, changed brake fluid, all I have left is the oil, and the seller of my blue 2008 900 classic LT told me he just changed the oil a couple of months before he sold it to me , so that'll be it and she is fully ready to ride! Oh yeah how long did it take me to change my filter on this bike? About 5 minutes, on the Honda Goldwing, it was an 8-hour job! There's just absolutely no comparison on the 8th of doing your own work on this one compared to the Goldwing. Good to be back guys and gals!
I came away with similar impressions after a couple hours on a 2008 Gwing. I really thought that once I rode one I'd never settle for anything less. Well I'm much happier with my Voyager. No doubt that flat-6 power is awesome but the rest of the bike is very underwhelming.
And the total lack of leg/foot room on the wing is sad. And I'm only 5'10" size 9.5 shoe.

Welcome back!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
Quote:
I came away with similar impressions after a couple hours on a 2008 Gwing. I really thought that once I rode one I'd never settle for anything less. Well I'm much happier with my Voyager. No doubt that flat-6 power is awesome but the rest of the bike is very underwhelming.
And the total lack of leg/foot room on the wing is sad. And I'm only 5'10" size 9.5 shoe.

Welcome back!
Thanks for the welcome back! Yeah I can appreciate what other people were saying about your feet being locked in on the Goldwing, definitely couldnt move them forward, and gave me some knee pain once in awhile, I thought that foot position though was the reason why butt didn't hurt until I realized it's just the plane shape of the seat, your voyageurs got a nice seat! I pulled up beside an all blacked out 2014 Voyager, the other day, and said that's my bike if I ever decide I want to do some touring again, great buy! What year is yours?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Oh and I failed to mention how miserably hot the Gold Wing was on the left side! Especially for my passenger! It completely fried my wife's Shin area when she wore shorts. Yes I know you're supposed to wear jeans and all that stuff, but hey we're in the south! Anyway it could have been the shark fins that were installed prior to me buying, if you're ever thinking Goldwing, do not get the shark fins , I always wanted to tear them off but was too nervous about what they would do the paint. Miserable , the Vulcan 900 gets a little warm on the right side and I just bring my knee out a little bit, solved!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:25 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2018 Indian Roadmaster
Displacement/CC's: 111 cui
Color: polished bronze over thunder black with silver pinstripe
Garage
Quote:
Oh and I failed to mention how miserably hot the Gold Wing was on the left side! Especially for my passenger! It completely fried my wife's Shin area when she wore shorts. Yes I know you're supposed to wear jeans and all that stuff, but hey we're in the south! Anyway it could have been the shark fins that were installed prior to me buying, if you're ever thinking Goldwing, do not get the shark fins , I always wanted to tear them off but was too nervous about what they would do the paint. Miserable , the Vulcan 900 gets a little warm on the right side and I just bring my knee out a little bit, solved!
Oh, than you should get a Voyager and you'll get grilled on the right side !

Typical Voyager problem ! Hot - hotter - VOYAGER ! ! !

Cu,
Sven

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

Harley is cult, Victory is cool, but INDIAN is legend !

MY LIFE - MY RULES !
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 07:56 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Voyager
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome back! I pulled up beside an all blacked out 2014 Voyager, the other day, and said that's my bike if I ever decide I want to do some touring again, great buy! What year is yours?
2015. Just picked it up last month.
revrider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode