New to Kawasaki - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to Kawasaki

I'm the very proud owner of a 2011 VN900 SE. I love the basic "old school" look of the bike and it rides like a dream. I've ridden cruisers, sport bikes, and dirt bikes, but this has to be my favorite, so far. Although not the most powerful, it certainly uses the available powerband effectively. I'm using it as my daily driver and love it. I'm looking forward to customizing... any suggestions? I want to maximize the potential while maintaining reliability and gas mileage. Thanks for having such a great forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Top Contributor

Welcome copelaj,

Enjoy the new ride

2007 EN500-17K miles
USN Retired
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donít let society influence you.. You should be the influence for society.
To The World You Might Be One Person;
But To One Person You Might Be the World.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Welcome copelaj! I have the 900 classic. I live in Decatur, Ga and rode my bike to NYC and back a couple of weeks ago and the bike handled the trip with no problem. I have not done any mechanical upgrades to the bike, just added highway bar, windshield and saddle bags. I need to add highway pegs for the long trips. I love my bike!

09 900 Classic.
My name is Jean and my bike's name is Peppermint Patty. We are Rolling with the big dogs and keeping up! My 900 is one sweet ride!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, guys. sunschild57: NYC?! That's a haul! What windshield did you get. I've been looking for a smaller shield than most of the cruisers that I've seen. It needs to be effective, but I don't want a huge mass in front of me.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Top Contributor

shields

I have an 08 900C which I initially bought for my wife, but have since converted to a bar crawler for myself. I put the smoked Spitfire shield on to stop some center mass pressure. You can adjust it to push the air up and over, but I keep it low to match the bike lines
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	5915   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	5916  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Looks good DANAD. I'll have to check it out for my classic. I'd rather not have any windshield, but highway driving can be exhausting without one. My "want" list is getting pretty long. My wife has called this my lifelong project... she's probably right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode