WOW used motorcycles Marietta, GA - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

WOW used motorcycles Marietta, GA

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this dealership. They have a ton of bikes and seem pretty comparatively priced. A big plus for me is that they will ship your bike locally, which would be a huge convenience as I don't currently have any friends that ride and I would prefer to get accustomed to the bike in my quiet little neighborhood rather than the demolition derby that is Cobb Parkway. Thanks, all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Ms Know It All here One of the Reservist here on Dobbins (I work on Dobbins) bought his bike from them. He had no complaints. I've been there a few times and they seem nice. They have all kinds of bikes and seem pretty knowledgeable about the bikes. The bikes also look to be serviced and in great condition.

09 900 Classic.
My name is Jean and my bike's name is Peppermint Patty. We are Rolling with the big dogs and keeping up! My 900 is one sweet ride!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM

Garage
I haven't dealt with them directly, but a buddy of mine strongly suggested that I steer clear of them. He had purchased a bike several years ago only to find out that the title was a salvage title and the frame was slightly bent. None of this was disclosed before the deal was made. It was enough for me to look elsewhere. Just my two cents...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 PM

I know this is a semi-old thread, but here's my $0.02...

I live in Canton, just up the road from these guys, and have been there quite a bit. I also know quite a few people who have bought from them. It seems to be about an 80/20 ratio of good experiences to bad ones. One guy that I met at the gym I work at said that he buys exclusively from them, and has for a while now, and he has never had anything but good experiences. Others that I have talked to have gotten burned once or multiple times, dealing with things such as the aforementioned salvage title surprise and such.

My advice would be to 1) Know what you're looking at on a bike and inspect it with a fine tooth comb. If you have a friend who's more knowledgeable than you on bikes, have 'em tag along with you and pay 'em with a case of beer, and 2) Write down the VIN and do your best to get a solid background check on the bike before you decide to buy. This will typically turn over any stones that are hiding secrets.

They have incredible prices there and with that being said, they are sure to have some amazing deals. I can't really blame them for having a lemon or two here and there, considering the volume of bikes that they process through that place at any given time. Best of luck on your hunt for "the one"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinH View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this dealership. They have a ton of bikes and seem pretty comparatively priced. A big plus for me is that they will ship your bike locally, which would be a huge convenience as I don't currently have any friends that ride and I would prefer to get accustomed to the bike in my quiet little neighborhood rather than the demolition derby that is Cobb Parkway. Thanks, all.
We just got my wife a 2009 Ninja from WOW about 3 weeks ago. The best part is they certify the bike before the sale is closed so as new riders we have piece of mind that the bike is less likely to fail as she practices. As for the shipping feature it is a nice option but I was able to rent a pickup and motorcycle trailer from uHaul cheaper then what I would have paid WOW to ship it to the area I live.

In comparison to another dealer up the road from WOW their staff were very willing to help and answered our beginner questions without making us feel like beginners.

I would have no issue recommending them to anyone in the greater Atlanta area.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 PM

I think wow is way overpriced, and most of their bikes (sportbikes) are all busted up and crap and they have the nerve to charge as much as they do for them. They don't even let you test ride them or turn them on for your piece of mind.

2003 Vulcan 800 Classic =>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Yamaha R6 => SOLD
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
I think wow is way overpriced, and most of their bikes (sportbikes) are all busted up and crap and they have the nerve to charge as much as they do for them. They don't even let you test ride them or turn them on for your piece of mind.
Wow.. (no pun intended) I don't think I'd ever buy a bike I couldn't even start up and hear run!

I find that alot of places are really overpriced on the smaller bikes though with no intention of budging. Feeding on people hungry for a first bike that won't negotiate, will eagerly sign up for high interest financing and be out the door with a bike they shouldn't have paid that much for...

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Wow.. (no pun intended) I don't think I'd ever buy a bike I couldn't even start up and hear run!

I find that alot of places are really overpriced on the smaller bikes though with no intention of budging. Feeding on people hungry for a first bike that won't negotiate, will eagerly sign up for high interest financing and be out the door with a bike they shouldn't have paid that much for...
Yeah the salesman kept telling me that since their techs do a thorough look over of the bike that I should have nothing to worry about.

2003 Vulcan 800 Classic =>

2007 Yamaha R6 => SOLD
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
Yeah the salesman kept telling me that since their techs do a thorough look over of the bike that I should have nothing to worry about.

Well, if it got a thorough looking over, then HE should have nothing to worry about firing it up!

The dealership I bought my bike from ENCOURAGES people sitting on the bikes (they always tell me 'we've got insurance, leave the keys in them, encourage people to fire them up and see what they think, etc. etc. Notice how I said I BOUGHT my bike there, it ain't a story about looking at a bike LOL. I guess it all depends on how hard you want to work to make the sale...

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode