2007 vulcan classic for first bike? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

2007 vulcan classic for first bike?

im about 6'3" 6'4" and about 300. been looking awhile at road stars and victory's and actually was set on getting a victory but for a first bike i just couldnt spend that kind of money let alone that much motor. this was my first time looking at vulcans and i havent done much research on them. basicaly im looking for a good bike to learn on and get me through a year or two befor deciding if i want to trade up. the fella at the dealership said in no way should i go over an 1100 for a first bike. ( ive been told go big now, and been told stay smaller for now) im fine with going with a 900 for my first. i have road in a parking lot on a ninja and messed with dirt bikes when i was younger so i know how to ride BUT i am very nervous about a street bike so maybe a 900 would be great?
anyways if anyone with any input on this bike would be great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 PM

Speaking as a totally unbiased 900LT owner, I'd say the 900 is a perfect starter bike. Many have found that it's not just a starter bike, but a stay-with bike, as well.

If, when I retire in a few years, and if I decide to do some month-long road tours, I may upsize, but for now, the 900 suits me fine. I'm going into my third summer with mine. I logged 8500 miles last year, with no regrets.

The 900 is value priced, durable, reliable, relatively inexpensive to own and maintain, and very pleasing to my eye.

2007 VN900LT, red/titanium
OEM highway bars and luggage rack
OEM WS lowers
4.5 inch pull back risers
Kuryakin highway pegs
Stebel air horn
Utopia driver backrest on OEM seat
OEM gel seat for about town, and hauling grandkids
ISO grips
Jardine light bar
K&N air filter
Brakeaway cruise control
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 AM

I love my 900. It was my first bike, and I bought it new in December of 06 as a leftover. It is still my current bike to this day.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM

Went down this path starting 3 years ago. Hadn't ridden for 20 years, took a two day safe riding course and then bought an 07 Vulcan 900. Loved it, rode it for 2 years (about 15k miles) and then traded it in on an 09 Nomad 1700. Could I have jumped from the riding course to the 1700? Maybe. But I think this approach is much safer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode