easy brackets - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

easy brackets

Hi, I'm new to this forum talk. I'm riding my second vulcan, my first being a '06 900 and I've upgraded to a 1500 nomad FI. Huge difference in rides. I thought the 900 was awesome, until I started riding the 1500. Wow. I've done many upgrades with more to come, however, I have a question about "easy bracket" brackets. I.ve mounted Mutazo trunk and hard bags with their stock supplied brackets. I find the bags stick out too far from the bike and I want to change that, by either modifying the present brackets or someone suggested using "easy brackets". I want to make sure the "easy brackets" will in fact draw the bags closer to the bike. Has anyone out there used the "easy brackets" on a vn1500 and did they draw them closer? If they did do you have a rear shoot picture of the finished assembly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Top Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

What happened to your Nomad bags?

I have the Ghost Brackets, and for bags I have a set of extra jumbo Saddleman Drifters. these bags are huge, and I went with the Ghost Brackets rather than the Easy Brackets because the Ghost Brackets are wider. But even as wide as they are I found after a season they weren't wide enough because the bags had cracked), so I added stabilizing bars to distribute the weight of the bags. If you're going to mount hard bags with these types of brackets, you'd best go with the widest ones you can find. But that still may not be enough to hold the weight without frame mounted supports under the bags.

My Ghost Brackets put my bags very close to the fender rail, closer than the stock Nomad bags would be.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Inthewind for your reply. I should have typed in "classic" not nomad, had it on the brain I quess. I'm going to modify the brackets I have after hearing what you had to say. Thanks, I think the modification will do what I want as I don't need to remove the bags, other than for maintenance on the bike.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Top Contributor

I have 46,200 miles on my '06 Classic. No issues, not one. These are great bikes.

I did the hardbag thing for awhile (Nat'l Cycle Cruiseliners), but I went back to leather. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

I've used both leather and hard bags, and for the present I prefer the hard, as they are lockable. My '05 classic has 35,000 kms on it, also without any issues other than I need more chrome and one day a communication system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode