looking for wiring diagram/schematic for vulcan 900 classic lt 2007 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Merasheen

Default looking for wiring diagram/schematic for vulcan 900 classic lt 2007

I need a wiring diagram/ schematic for a vulcan 900 lt 2007. I am installing a amp and speakers from http://www.uniqcycle.ca . It is a pretty easy install , they look good to ( i'll post pics later). I just need to tie a (orange) wire into a wire such as tail light or head light. It was easy enough to connect to the battery terminals (haha).

If somwone has a color diagram or schematic it would be great.

Merasheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Denis

Are you looking for power? There is already an accessory wiring ready to go under the seat.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Merasheen

no . got power , looking to tye into tailight or headlight , so i do not have to put in toggle switch,

installed with a toggle switch , works fine , just got to remember to turn it off when i turn the bike off or dead battery . So anyway it sounds great , no problem to hear it when at highway cruising speed. Install took alil longer then expected and hap to modify the tool kit tray to fit amp. but it does not have to be mounted there , but thats where i like it. The low profile chrome speakers blend in veryt nice on handle bars.

if anyone has the wiring diagram for the vulcan i wouls still like to have it , so i can do other work later.
Merasheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
94 1500

You can down load a manual from

http://www.e-junkie.com/shop/product/47748.php

for $10.

It should have the wirring diagram
94 1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
DHIngram

I have the VN900 Service Manual, from Kawasaki, but it's the big paper book, so I can't link it, sorry.

The "Front Accessory Connectors", in the headlight housing are marked as being White/Black (power) and Black/Yellow (Ground). They mirror the "Rear Accessory Connectors". The White/Black go through the accessory fuse to Red, which is listed as unconnected in the Off position of the ignition switch. Not sure I trust that, though.

On the other hand, the headlight has three wires:
Red/Black - used all over the place, probably 'running positive'
Black /Yellow - always listed as ground
Red/Yellow - goes to the dimmer switch on the left handlebar, probably 'high beams'

I'd check with a multimeter to be sure, but I think you want Red/Black and Black/Yellow. Might want to look for same-colored wires in the tail, though. The headlamp draws a lot of power.
DHIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Denis

Good day Merasheen:

I've got pictures I could send you.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
Poncho

Default Wiring diagrams VN 900LT

Hi, I have got the wiring diagrams from VN900 LT, if you send me your e-mail I can send it.
Poncho
Poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
jimkat

You can tell which wire is off the switch at the headlight by using a lite tester . stick the sharp pointer in each wire and turn the key on and off to find the wire you want.
Also I am searching for a speaker set up for my 900 and mp3 player, What brand did you buy and how many amps are the speakers rated at and let me know if you can hear the music while riding down the higway. I would love to see the pictures. Jimkat
jimkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
jimkat

I looked in my service manual at the wiring diagram for the headlight. It shows (3) wires
R/bk wire goes to left handlebar sws, I assume the dimmer sw R/Y wire also goes to left handlebar sws. Bk/y goes to joint connecter A. I don't know if that helps you any but there it is. Jimkat
jimkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
Chickie

Default 900 vulcan wiring diagram

Pancho responded that he had a wiring diagram. Are you willing to share it with me as well?
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement