Debaffling a Nomad - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
KsVn900
Top Contributor

Garage
Default Debaffling a Nomad

One of our members, bugguy2468, shot a video of his debaffle of his Nomad. Very explanatory and has great before and after sounds. Thanks bigguy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xr85grdXWc
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
SCRC, Rolling Hills Chapter 314
-Rob
KsVn900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
bucfan11

Default Warranty?

I just bought a 08 Nomad (Yesterday) after a 15 year hiatus fron cycling. I'd love to loud'en it up some. (Brother owns a 07 Electra Glide with Vance & Hines) I'd like to remove the baffles, Does this void the warranty?

Rob
bucfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
shinny

Default exhaust

Will void warranty on the exhaust only, should not kill it for anything else. Take out the first set and see if you like it, if you want loud you may want to do the complete debaffle. Ck Gadgets fixet pages, everything is there.
shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan11 View Post
I just bought a 08 Nomad (Yesterday) after a 15 year hiatus fron cycling. I'd love to loud'en it up some. (Brother owns a 07 Electra Glide with Vance & Hines) I'd like to remove the baffles, Does this void the warranty?

Rob

I have the instructions in pdf format on my site if ya need 'em.

http://home.comcast.net/~addss/debaffle.pdf
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Txrider09

Hey guys, i have an 07 vulcan limited with black "road burner" pipes on it, i debaffled them shortly after. A summer has gone by and the pipes are starting to loose the black color and get pitted. Is this common? Can i expect to replace my black pipes every year if i run it with no baffles?
Txrider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
Dynamo

I've heard mention of a 2nd set of baffles that are deeper in teh stock exhaust. Has anyone taken these out?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
Crazy Dave

Thumbs up V&H Sounds great!!!

If you end up looking for pipes,I put a set of classic II on my Nomad and they sound awsome they did reccomend the use of there fuel pack which I also installed,Loud but not obnoxious I love the sound. Good luck,Ride On!!!

Last edited by Crazy Dave; 05-31-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Crazy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
t0mays

has anyone debaffeled a set of 1600 classic OEM pipes? if so what was the outcome?
t0mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
mattmo78

I debaffled my stock Nomad 1600 mufflers this weekend. Just used a 2" hole saw (1 3/4" or 1 7/8" probably would have worked great, 2" may be a little big), and it was extremely simple. One cut, the baffles slid right out using some needle-nose pliers to pull them out. It took a little bit of time to cut through the welds, but with some patience, it wasn't all that hard to do. This was my first major mod to the bike and I didn't think it was all that hard to perform.

I love the way it sounds!! I don't think I'll do anything else to the exhaust after this. Maybe some intake and computer mods, but as for the sound, I love it. No backfiring or "popping" after this either, but it's only been about 15 miles since I did it.
Vulcan Baggers Association (VBA) member # 1250

"There is no normal life... there's just life. So get on with it!" - Doc Holliday
mattmo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmo78 View Post
I debaffled my stock Nomad 1600 mufflers this weekend. Just used a 2" hole saw (1 3/4" or 1 7/8" probably would have worked great, 2" may be a little big), and it was extremely simple. One cut, the baffles slid right out using some needle-nose pliers to pull them out. It took a little bit of time to cut through the welds, but with some patience, it wasn't all that hard to do. This was my first major mod to the bike and I didn't think it was all that hard to perform.

I love the way it sounds!! I don't think I'll do anything else to the exhaust after this. Maybe some intake and computer mods, but as for the sound, I love it. No backfiring or "popping" after this either, but it's only been about 15 miles since I did it.
Sounds great doesn't it? Now get some high temp BBQ black paint (If you haven't already) to finish it up and no one will ever know it isn't stock.
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement