trike kits for VN2000 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
rkd2.3
Top Contributor

Default trike kits for VN2000

Im looking for some advice , please , regarding trike conversions for the VN2000

So far the only company, Ive found offering a good looking trike conversion is Motor Trike They offer a solid axle , air-ride , conversion which looks good but has NO trunk/back rest combo.

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeVulcan.aspx

Ive talked with Mystery Designs about their tiltster IRS & they would do a one off , if I sent them my swing arm., but kinda pricey, though it IS much more complicated than a solid axle.

http://www.mysterydesigns.com/tiltster.php

I believe that a member here has a Mystery Design conversion, Ive attached a pic of his trike.
Id like to retain my HD trunk , but suspect I would need to cut into the Motor Trike body to install the HD quick detach mount.
Does anyone know of any other people doing decent looking conversions for the VN2000. Id also wish to rake the front , about 5+ degrees.
A stroke is the reasoning for this decision & the rake is needed to reduce the steering effort.
Any suggestions?? Here's a pic of the bike I wish to trike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	from Lexar stick 1224.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	26057   Click image for larger version

Name:	from Lexar stick 1235.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	26073  

plus

04 Vulcan 2000

Old school turbocharged VW trike

VROC # 7003
ROG # 175
RKMC
rkd2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
mark edward marchiafava
Top Contributor

I've got the exact same bike, color and all, batwing fairing, too. Being 60, I've often considered what I would do if something happened to me as happened to you. The wife has a VN 900 same color as ours, she desperately needs a shoulder replacement. We've talked about triking her VN900, there are at least 2 sources for the 900. Have you considered switching to the 900?
mark edward marchiafava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Voyager makes a trike "kit" for the V2K.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

It can actually be removed if you ever decided to sell the bike (and sell the kit separate)

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
rkd2.3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Voyager makes a trike "kit" for the V2K.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

It can actually be removed if you ever decided to sell the bike (and sell the kit separate)

I appreciate the info Smed, Ive looked at them at a Voyager dealership, but I cannot warm up to it at all.

IMHO {ok not so humble} Its an over grown training wheel kit .
Ive always wondered what it would handle like on uneven ground or depressed wheel tracks.
If that center wheel , which is the ONLY wheel driving , gets high centered?
I also have no idea what sort of "feedback" you would feel in the handlebars.
I appreciate the help, but I dont think I wish to consider the Voyager as an option at this point.
There is also a kit from some place in Calif. but no bodywork comes with & they angle the pipes way up in the air , looks unappealing to me.
Sorry if I seem "picky" but this idea isnt something which I choose to do, its my only way to keep my V2K on the road, given that two wheels do not seem to be part of MY future , any longer.
I can find 1700 trikes, 1500, 1600, Mean street trikes, even Concours trikes, but FEW Vn2000,

plus

04 Vulcan 2000

VROC # 7003
ROG # 175
RKMC

Last edited by rkd2.3; 04-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
rkd2.3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark edward marchiafava View Post
I've got the exact same bike, color and all, batwing fairing, too. Being 60, I've often considered what I would do if something happened to me as happened to you. The wife has a VN 900 same color as ours, she desperately needs a shoulder replacement. We've talked about triking her VN900, there are at least 2 sources for the 900. Have you considered switching to the 900?
Mark, seems we have more similarity than just the bike ! LOL same vintage as well
I realize that the lighter weight of the 900 would be an advantage, but WOW, I dont think I want to step from the V2K if there are ANY other options, just yet?
Ive already stepped down to an old school VW trike [1600cc} & that has shown me that a trike CAN be something which I can accept, but I REALLY want my V2K back, in some form/fashion? The old VW is OK, but the V2K THUMP /torque is missing & I AM ADDICTED to that torque, BIG TIME !

Im thinking my easiest option is going with the Motor Trike conversion & its a NICE looking kit. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any other options &/or had experiences with this idea? Has anyone ridden & compared a solid axle vs IRS ????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VW trike 003.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	26289  

plus

04 Vulcan 2000

VROC # 7003
ROG # 175
RKMC

Last edited by rkd2.3; 04-21-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement