Other interests/hobbies - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage
Default Other interests/hobbies

Some of us have a winter or storage season to deal with, some not. What else consumes your time and interests?

Got a hobby, other toys, tech stuff you enjoy?

For me, it's Android stuff. Like screwing around with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and new Nexus 10 tablet.

What ya got?
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
reddyford
Top Contributor

Garage

Good thread to start up MN. My need for speed in the winter is satisfied by a 500 Venture sled (when we have snow). Downside to the "Bee-Hive" is it only gets 10 MPG, I have to trailer it out of town to the fields (too cheap to Register it for legal trail riding), and can't use it to visit peeps unless I carry extra fuel.

My favorite pastime during Scoot Storage Season is boinking the Old Lady.
reddyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Right now I recently bought a guitar and amp and going to try and learn. I was a band geek in HS so I am not new to music just new to string instruments.

Also I am going to attempt to re-learn to roller skate since my daughter is wanting to learn (4 yo) and it helps to have some one out there with her for inspiration. I have not been on a set since I was 10-12 year old so If I make it threw with out having to go to the ER I will call it a success.

I used to be an avid ATV rider but I sold it a few years back and never got me another one since I now have to haul one somewhere to ride. I used to be able to leave from my house and ride for hours.
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
SWVA_08V2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Old Bear
Lifetime Premium

Firearms! Having interest in a gun store that sells NFA stuff, customers regularly let us take their new toys out to the range to try out. I certainly can't afford a lot of those! And for our own stuff, it is just fun shooting suppressed firearms at exploding targets - it just never gets old!
If I can't get out to do that, then it's laying around watching the duh-screen, and checking the weather report every hour or so ... hey, you never know!
Tennessee Long Rider
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero
Old Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

When I can't get out to ride do to weather, I'll like to play guitar, and go to an indoor shooting range. I find both to be great stress relievers (even my wife likes to fire a few rounds, and she's good at it).

2010 900 Classic
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
colemantle
Top Contributor

Practicing guitar (mainly acoustic), listening to music and P90x.
colemantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Macman

Silly rabbit. Winters are for wrenching on motorcycles.

I'm modding an old Honda like the one I had in the 70's. When 350CC wasn't considered a small bike.

Just finished lacing new wheels and spokes. Too cold to paint but the engine rebuild is next.

1972 SL350 K2

Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
Gary W.
Top Contributor

Garage

Unfortunately most all of my hobbies are fair-weather activities. Camping, hiking, backpacking, bike riding (non-motorized type), Miata driving, and my son is getting me into skydiving - may be getting too old for that, though!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
BlueridgeRider
El Jefe

Garage
Default Other Interests

For me its Backpacking. I dont just wait for the non riding season of which is very short here in Central Va, I actually combine the two activities when I can Nothing better than riding to a trailhead with the backpack strapped to my back and heading off into the wilderness for a few days and then returning for a nice ride home on the bike.
Its gonna be 65 here in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. Been callin my ridin buddies and we are headed out for a ride on Saturday. Eat your heart out all you northern riders.
BlueridgeRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Steammaker
BOTM Winner, April 2014

During the off season I like to hunt, rabbit hunting is my favorite followed closely by deer & the rest of the samll game, & perfecting reciepes for them too. I raised tropical fish for nearly 30years, African cichlids to be specific. I've had as many as 15 aquariums set up in the house at one time. The largest I had was 300gal. @ 8' long. Lately wrenching on my Meanstreak installing the stuff I got for Christmas.
Advertisement