Samson/Shogun exhaut, any good? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 12-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
dogg

Default Samson/Shogun exhaut, any good?

Thinking about some Samson RipSaws for my latest vn2000. Are they any good, sound, quality, horse power? Anyone with experience with this manufacture/system please chime in.
Thanks
Dogg
dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogg View Post
Thinking about some Samson RipSaws for my latest vn2000. Are they any good, sound, quality, horse power? Anyone with experience with this manufacture/system please chime in.
Thanks
Dogg
I thought you had already ordered some pipes.

If you havn't I HIGHLY suggest some freedom sharp curves (what both bigsarg and I have).

With the custom paint/fab you have done, those pipes would look SO good. And they sound GREAT.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
dogg

Smed don't worry, I have some Freedoms on the way (remember I had the first sharp curve pipes (page 18 in v2k pics) even though they were Arlen Ness on bike #1). Freedoms going on bike #2 with the new paint job. These are for bike #3. I have 3 VN2000. Bike #3 has Big Nasties on it now which I don't care for.bike #2 has cobra speedster slash cuts. I may take the slash cuts and chop them back as far as I can and still get baffles in them to use on #3 but would just as soon sell the slash cuts and buy something different. Does this make any sense?

Last edited by dogg; 12-27-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
dogg

So no one has experience with Samson/Shogun exhaust!?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
street325

Default Holy Cra$, 3 V2K's in the Dogg house

Hey Dogg, I need to take a trip to Shreveport from Lake Charles and check out your beasts someday, LOL.
street325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Steammaker
BOTM Winner, April 2014

I have Samson Long Cannons on my Meanstreak. I like them alot. They have held up great. I have shortened them 6" then put a 4" slash cut on them & the chrome hasn't chipped at all. They sound great too but I have(personal preferrence) to keep baffles in them or I get the brrrrrrrrrrrrap on decel.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Dough614

I just put Sampason cannons on mine, sounds great, chrome is good. Theres a place on ebay, riders discount tht has ripsaws on sale, I got my cannons from them for $244.
Dough614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #8
dogg

I ordered the rip saws from the e-bay site yesterday, $244 shipped, hope they work out ok.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Paul Terrill

I put the street sweepers on my bike 2 years ago. Real loud even with baffles in!! I can't falter Samson pipes, im still lovin mine.
Paul Terrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
'Nole Rider

Paul - what baffles did you put in? I put street sweepers on the other week and have only been on a short ride around the block. All I can say is that there's no way to go unnoticed with those pups on. Due to the swept tips, I ordered some 4" baffles that would fit in between the head pipes and mufflers. Hopefully that'll tone it down some, but doesn't sound like it will in Paul's experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement