Well I did it... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
ragincajun

Default Well I did it...

So I test drove that 1500 on Tuesday. Didn't get it due to the rust issue.

Been looking all week, searching all over the region for something in my price range and wants. Actually went to three dealerships this morning, one to check out a V2K.

Got home watching football and was researching about a VTX1300 but didn't want the carb, preferring FI. Been searching for Vulcan but for some reason did a search for Nomad today and found one from a week ago. Called the seller and it was still available. Ended up about 20 minutes from my house.

Test drove it, a beautiful bike, well kept it appears. Only item was missing one of the passenger floor boards. The seller didn't even know it was gone.

Questin though...Spec site shows this... Fuel system: Carburettor. DFI with Keihin 46mm Throttle Bodies (2)

Does it have a carb AND FI? A bit confused about that.

Anyway, probably wrap it up next week, should pick up Wednesday. Happy Thanksgiving to me.

ragincajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
ragincajun

Oops. 2006, 40k miles. $6k price.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Yammadof

Very, very nice!
Yammadof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Steammaker
Top Contributor

SORRY, But I feel(my opinion) thats a little high priced for that bike with that many miles. KBB list it @ $5380. Try to talk them down. But ultimately the decision is yours.
Great looking bike though...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
ragincajun

No offense taken. Not sure where you are getting that value though.

I just checked KBB and see 7340 while nADA site that I referenced prior was 5600-7300 (low to high). My insurance company ran the value also and gave it 6800 based on the ViN. So I'm comfortable with the price.

Just checked cycle trader as well. Dealer nomads going for about 7500 to 8000 asking price, private sellers going for 6 to 7000 asking price in Texas.

Craigslist has several as well 7000+ and one at 5900 with no extras basic stock. So it seems to be in line with this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
DESERT ANGEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steammaker View Post
SORRY, But I feel(my opinion) thats a little high priced for that bike with that many miles. KBB list it @ $5380. Try to talk them down. But ultimately the decision is yours.
Great looking bike though...

40000 mi

Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Scott_in_TX
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by C50T-VN800B View Post
I see ISO flame grips and dually pegs and marine horns. What other aftermarket goodies are on it? I can already see a mod that you need. A set of driving lights.
I see a luggage rack, F-fender chrome, and top rails on the hard bags.

Maybe, an air box and a headlight cowl?

Scott

Commander IIs
All Balls tapered bearings
Clearview re-curve tall sheild w/vent
Avon grips with Rays Throttle Mod
Thunder BAK for stock covers
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-oval slipons
Wrapped headers
Corbin Dual Touring (w/Comfort foam)
Wolo Bad Boy
Glove compartment keyless mod
Can-am antennae
Ipod connector
Saddlebag side and top trim

Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.
Scott_in_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #8
Murphy

Congratulations on your score.
is it a done deal?
You might be able to knock them down a bit on price , as the mileage is a bit higher than most go for that price.
Ultimately it your happiness that is most important.
Beautiful bike
Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Its fuel injected. Lots of spec sites list carburetor as one of the values since nearly all pre-05ish bikes are carbed. It uses throttle body injection which is a basic form of fuel injection, but it still has all of the advantages. Better fuel economy, smoother throttle response, and easy cold startups.

Doesn't hurt to ask on the price. But at the end of the day, if it's the bike you want at a price your comfortable with? Then that's all that matters. You'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did!

Smart choice on sticking with FI. I know a lot of people like carbs, but not me. I just can't give up instant startup, smooth roll on power, and zero maintenance!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
MJ 21A

Nice looking bike, good luck and happy riding. As for price, that bike has some added chrome, fender tips, headlight cover, top rails on bags, and some more, I like the NOMAD on the front fender too, If you add all the add- ons I think you got a good deal.
2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Laminar lip, Cycle Sound Housing w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, HD chrome fork lowers, Head Light Modulator, Driving fog/spot lights, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, DeBaffled pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake, K&N air filter, FI2000, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement