Stolen Side Cover - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
CPOGeorge

Default Stolen Side Cover

Hi all. I have a 2006 Kawasaki 1600 Classic. This morning I discovered that some sub-human piece of work had taken the left side cover off of my bike. It was the assessory chrome model. I've checked out the Kawasaki and e-bay sites and there is not much there. Any ideas of where I might search? Thanks much in advance, keep the rubber side down.
CPOGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Robotic
Lifetime Premium

Try these, a bit pricey I think but at least its available

http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...id=44324&str=0
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Comanche

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPOGeorge View Post
Hi all. I have a 2006 Kawasaki 1600 Classic. This morning I discovered that some sub-human piece of work had taken the left side cover off of my bike. It was the assessory chrome model. I've checked out the Kawasaki and e-bay sites and there is not much there. Any ideas of where I might search? Thanks much in advance, keep the rubber side down.
Sorry to hear that. Don't know if there are any good bike salvage yards in your area but here in Arizona there's at least one (see below). There are also good salvage vendors on eBay but you have to keep looking periodically because the chrome ones go fast. I have seen regular plastic ones for as low as $20 each or $35 each set which can get you by for the short term until you can find a chrome one. I'm just a regular consumer like you so I have no interest or affiliation with any of these businesses. Sometimes they can cross-check with other salvage vendors for what you need. Wish you success.

Bob's Used Cycles & Salvage
1325 East Elwood Street Phoenix, AZ 85040
(602) 437-3148

America's Largest Motorcycle Salvage Recylcer
http://www.argocycles.com/

Used & Salvage Cycles
http://www.cyclesrus.net/
http://www.ozpowersports.com/
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Ghost

Don't forget to check out ebay. I got hooked up with a salvage yard in Cali that had what I needed. Don't give up, keep checking.

Once you find the actual part number, it's a much quicker search.
Kuryakyn Offset Highway Pegs
Vulcan Emblem on Passenger Back Rest
Fire and Steel Light Bar
Signal Dynamics Headlight Modulator
Wolo Bad Boy Horn
Kuryakyn Power Point
Back Off XP Brake Light Modulator

08 900 Custom - Traded in!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
whiting57
Lifetime Premium

Or try cheapcycleparts. com

2009 Classic LT Bagger... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer.

2010 Custom ... Mutazu Luggage, Pirelli 200 Rear, Saddleman Solo Seat, Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Batwing Fairing, Cobra FI2000 Power Pro, freedom performance exhaust
whiting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement