More than stage 3 debaffle - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Davego

Default More than stage 3 debaffle

I have drilled holes in rear plate and punch out screen in center.Sounds better but not what I realy want.Has any one tryed to drill some holes in inside plate where baffle connects in front of cat.If so did it give a deeper sound or just get loader?I know if I take baffle out it will get loader. I am trying to get deeper sound without spending $500 on it. I did this on a 800 back in 96 and it sounded good.But it has a different muffler I think.If no one has done this I will just have to be the test for it.Thanks for any in put.
Davego 2008 900 lt. tampa fl.
Davego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
rick50

do a search here..........it's been done literally hundreds of times. Some like it, others move on to custom pipes.

you can do a search on you tube as well.........kawasaki vulcan 900 full debaffle..........and you will get several returns from that.
rick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Cyclesarge

Cutting the end out of the baffle makes it deeper and louder than just drilling holes. But really gives it more "crack", not as deep, when accelerating. Personally I wish I'd stopped at "drilling 4 1/2" holes" instead of the "full debaffle" on mine. The tone was deep enough and acceleration sounded more mellow. Ultimately I pick up a set of Cobra Dragsters (used) for $250 and not only like the sound, their isn't as much "popping" and they LOOK far better, IMHO.
Cyclesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Pulling the baffle out will make it MUCH deeper without being all that much louder.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
bearwhiz

Yesterday I finished debaffling my wifes 2011 900. Sounds great and she loves it.
bearwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement