Looking Around - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Other Motorcycles

Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
XCR600
Top Contributor

Default Looking Around

I've been prowling Craigslist lately looking for my next bike. It's a good time to buy around here till maybe Jan.

I never thought I'd consider a Harley but I found an 01 Deuce with only 3050mi on it for 7500.00. I road it and liked it pretty well, still thinking about it.

Yesterday I went to look at a 2010 Victory Hammer 8 Ball , it's a sweet bike with only 2300mi !! He's firm @ 10,200.00. It includes Victory Q-release bags , windshield , pipe's and the touring seat. Riding it was vary impressive other than the different handling , that fat 250 rear takes a bit to muscle through turns. I rode a Vegas this summer and loved that bike's handling. The power is definitely there vs the Harley.

Havn't made up my mind on either just yet , there both good deals.
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Kuryakyn long horn hwy pegs
Wille&Max saddle bags
XCR600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
MN-Rider
Administrator

Garage

Let us know which direction ya go.
MN-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Bluto

There's a '95 HD Springer here for 6,000 Mint.
I just can't bring myself to do it again ... lmao
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
XCR600
Top Contributor

Well I put a deposit on the Harley tonight , never had one , guess I couldn't resist.

I wouldn't have but the miles are so low I also had a guy check it out for me , he's worked on nothing but Harleys for 25+ years , he said it sounded real good , no motor noises to be concerned with.

At the price and mileage I decided if I was going get a Harley this would be a good one to pick up.
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Wille&Max saddle bags
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR600 View Post
Well I put a deposit on the Harley tonight , never had one , guess I couldn't resist.

I wouldn't have but the miles are so low I also had a guy check it out for me , he's worked on nothing but Harleys for 25+ years , he said it sounded real good , no motor noises to be concerned with.

At the price and mileage I decided if I was going get a Harley this would be a good one to pick up.
Those are solid bikes. Softail Deuce right? Let us know how you like it, and PICS are always important!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
XCR600
Top Contributor

Yes , it's a softail Deuce with FI, she needs some minor work but pretty solid with only 3066mi on the clock. Exhaust will be the 1st change , as whats on it just doesn't fit the style of the bike IMO Not shown in these pics is a Q-release windshield , and sissy bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	14058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0791.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	14059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0792.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	14060  
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Wille&Max saddle bags
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Phil in Maine

Garage

It always astounds me that people buy such nice and pricey bikes and then never actually ride them. At least they are creating great used bikes!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
XCR600
Top Contributor

Well I had a great day to finally take a long ride Sat. Put 125mi on , also the 1st daylight ride on it. It's not quite as nimble as the 800A but it's heaver and does handle nice. It got pretty breezy in the afternoon and the extra weight was nice. I like the way it rides vary solid feeling .

I can really feel the extra 650cc's , passed a tractor hauling a hay wagon and accidentally power clutched it outa 1st into 2nd ....... ya she runs good.

Love the self cancelling turn signals , Harley uses a button on each side , push to lane change push again to turn off . When your turning once you make your turn they cancel when you hit 2nd, there easier to use than a slide switch IMO.

Just won a set of Python duel staggerds on ebay today , vary much like V&H big Shots. These pipes came with it are butt ugly on a Deuce , they sound good but the Python's will too and look so much better.

Couple pic's from her new home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Just got my Deuce 001.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	14189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just got my Deuce 002.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	14190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just got my Deuce 004.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	14191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just got my Deuce 007.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	14192  
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Wille&Max saddle bags
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR600 View Post
Well I had a great day to finally take a long ride Sat. Put 125mi on , also the 1st daylight ride on it. It's not quite as nimble as the 800A but it's heaver and does handle nice. It got pretty breezy in the afternoon and the extra weight was nice. I like the way it rides vary solid feeling .

I can really feel the extra 650cc's , passed a tractor hauling a hay wagon and accidentally power clutched it outa 1st into 2nd ....... ya she runs good.

Love the self cancelling turn signals , Harley uses a button on each side , push to lane change push again to turn off . When your turning once you make your turn they cancel when you hit 2nd, there easier to use than a slide switch IMO.

Just won a set of Python duel staggerds on ebay today , vary much like V&H big Shots. These pipes came with it are butt ugly on a Deuce , they sound good but the Python's will too and look so much better.

Couple pic's from her new home
Those are good bikes for sure. Glad you're enjoying it!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
XCR600
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Maine View Post
It always astounds me that people buy such nice and pricey bikes and then never actually ride them. At least they are creating great used bikes!
I know , this bike was 17,700.00 new , that's 2001 money. It's just getting broke in @ 3216mi , I put 150mi on , I couldn't pass for 7500.00 , I'll still be able to get that with 30K on it I believe. Her sitting in the garage days are over , well after winter anyway
Jardine Rack
Kuryakyn Dually pegs
Baron Risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Wille&Max saddle bags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement