Ruined my friend last night - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
triplmmm

Default Ruined my friend last night

I went riding with a friend last night that has a v-star 1100. the last 5 miles home we switched bikes. i have a whole new appreciation for my vulcan, and he's ready to sell his v-star. he couldn't believe how tight & smooth my bike was. i rode a v-star a couple years ago and was surprised how crappy it rode. this just reaffirmed my opinion that i made the best decision of my like going with my vulcan.
triplmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
len

Yep, I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
pcarrell

Mines a keeper!
"Nadine", My 2001 Drifter 1500
pcarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Sounds like a Harley buddy of mine. Gave his usual "Harley's are obviously superior in every way" ribbing whenever I saw him. We switched bikes for a ride, my 900 for his Road King. At the end of the ride he was grinning ear to ear and couldn't believe a 900 was as fast as his 88" Road King (his words not mine, I didn't really test out the road kings performance I just cruised!).

Of course he's still a die hard Harley rider. He still has his road king. Only he bought a 1700 Vulcan. And his Harley is in a shed behind a bunch of stuff against a wall. Still wears all the Harley T-Shirts and is a die hard Harley rider though, just ask him! But you'll have to ask him to know... 'cuz all he ever rides anymore is that 1700 Vulcan

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Strompilot
Top Contributor

I still miss my 1700 Nomad. The only thing I could find fault with was in its inability to properly tow my Bunkhouse camper trailer. Otherwise, I really liked that bike. But would I buy a Harley? Not for what they want for one, and I'm not willing to spend that much just to buy into a "lifestyle." About the 900? Pretty much it's an HD Heritage Softail Classic with a smaller motor, at half the price. And I love the 900, too. I think Ma Kaw has hit the nail on the head with the Vulcan series. Nope, they're not Harleys, but I doubt that Kawasaki really meant them to be, but there's just only so many ways you can style a motorcycle around a V-Twin engine.

I'd say, sorry about your friend, but, well, seeing the light is a great experience.

'09 650 VStrom
Sharing my wife's '09 Classic LT (sold)
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad46 View Post
I still miss my 1700 Nomad. The only thing I could find fault with was in its inability to properly tow my Bunkhouse camper trailer. Otherwise, I really liked that bike. But would I buy a Harley? Not for what they want for one, and I'm not willing to spend that much just to buy into a "lifestyle." About the 900? Pretty much it's an HD Heritage Softail Classic with a smaller motor, at half the price. And I love the 900, too. I think Ma Kaw has hit the nail on the head with the Vulcan series. Nope, they're not Harleys, but I doubt that Kawasaki really meant them to be, but there's just only so many ways you can style a motorcycle around a V-Twin engine.

I'd say, sorry about your friend, but, well, seeing the light is a great experience.
Exactly. Styling cues are taken from Harley sure but, the V-Twin motorcycle is a genre of style. And it didn't start with Harley either, there were several brands (like the famous Indian) building V-Twins with the classic cruiser style before Harley was even a company.

When people call metrics a Harley clone it's like calling an Impala a Ford Taurus clone. Design cues are mutually taken from on another but in the end, it's just a genre of vehicle. They are both 4 door full sized sedans. Each with their advantages and disadvantages.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
vivadude
Top Contributor

I've had my 900 for 4 years and none of the guys I usually ride with( that all own Road Kings) have accepted my invitation to take my bike for a spin...I think they know they would be fairly impressed with it.
vivadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Strompilot
Top Contributor

Personally, I don't think there are any truly bad motorcycles out, nor do I think any one brand is more or less of a motorcycle than any other brand. There are some I would love to own and some I'd never own for one reason or another. I like all motorcycles, and scooters, too for that matter. Some just don't fit my style and preference of riding.

'09 650 VStrom
Sharing my wife's '09 Classic LT (sold)
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
magical mr mistoffeles

I test rode a electra glide today with the 110ci engine and loved it, BUT before that happened had some douche giving me a hard time when i was trying to figure out how to get on without putting all my weight on my injured leg, so he is giving me a hard time, telling me to get a scooter, blah blah,i laughed it off, finally asked the guy is he always so annoying, he then proceeded to tell me he is a biker and i wouldnt know anything about that, I told him to stfu and go away, rode the bike loved but hated the price $22000 for a 2009, and the lifestyle, if dude is an example of a hardcore hd dude i want no part of it
magical mr mistoffeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
magical mr mistoffeles

Rode a valkyrie, and a vtx 1800 today too, was surprised that the 2 cylinder vtx had more power than the 6 cylinder valkyrie, and the v2k beats them both
magical mr mistoffeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement