Vulcan 900 Classic/LT Wompus Rack - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Classifieds > Bike Parts, exhausts, etc. For Sale

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage
Default Vulcan 900 Classic/LT Wompus Rack

May fit custom, but no guarantees on that!

I've got a Wompus rack for a Vulcan 900. This is basically a very heavy duty, black, flat rack. (12 ga. plate steel) This is great for mounting top cases/trunks, especially the big and heavy ones. It has the advantage of being a little sturdier than your typical luggage rack AND is a flat surface to mount it on to! Could also work as just a basic luggage rack too.

As you can see, it has 4 small holes drilled into it where a Leatherlyke Trunk was mounted. What looks like two more holes in between are scuff marks possibly something on the trunk was rubbing there. There are also the usual 'signs of being mounted' like scuffing around the bolt holes (both those that are drilled and the ones running down the mounting arms where it bolts to the bike)

If you need them, I think I also have a set of the chrome side trim for the 900 as well, but this will mount underneath the chrome trim that goes on either side of the 900's rear fender.

Those BIG holes on the side could be used for bungie cords to secure luggage. Otherwise I dunno why they are there but that's how it comes!

Here's a link to new:

http://www.wompusracks.com/kawasaki-rack.html

This is the "900 Standard" version, which retails for $220.

Shoot me an offer, buyer pays shipping or picks up locally, Paypal is preferred, item ships when payment clears! Local pickup is an option if you are out this way (eastern MO). I'll drive an hour or so to meet you if you've got a good enough offer.

I'm told this WILL work with the OEM sissy bar, I see no reason why it wouldn't. So it could also be mounted behind your sissy bar as a heavy duty luggage rack. Rather than mounting to your sissy bar though, it will be frame mounted, giving you a little bit more durability and weight capacity.

Cash, or would consider a trade. Whadya got? I'm really looking for a good fairing I can mount speakers into. Other options include whatever you wanna offer me. All I can do is say no right?

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm open to trades as well. I have a handful of things I still want for my bike. Harley-Davidson tour-pak accessories (luggage rack, lights, liner, etc.), fairing and/or stereo components (as mentioned above). Chrome for a 900 is always good, also looking for a light bar.

Just shoot me an offer. If you're planning on mounting a trunk on your 900 this winter, or any sort of heavy luggage, this is what you want right here. Rock solid platform, much better than a 'bar' design rack as this will be a much stronger and tighter mounting platform.

Again, this will work great as a luggage rack as well. It has those nice holes drilled in the sides for attaching bungees or straps to hold luggage or cargo.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Comet_1500

Garage

Now if it would fit my 1500 I'd be jumping on it

Good luck with selling it though.
V.R.O.C. #23310

1997 1500 Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing, Mustang Wide Touring Seat, F&S Sissy Bar, F&S Luggage Rack, F&S Light Bar, F&S Engine Guard, F&S Passenger Floorboards.
Comet_1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet_1500 View Post
Now if it would fit my 1500 I'd be jumping on it

Good luck with selling it though.
You may be able to modify it to fit. I'm not sure how different they are. You'd be surprised what a few washers can do.

Thanks for the 'luck'! I've gotten a few PM's but no bites. Oh well, not in a hurry to sell. I've got room in the closet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement