Opinions on After-market Seats Requested, 2009 Vulcan Classic LT - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Papa Smrph

Default Opinions on After-market Seats Requested, 2009 Vulcan Classic LT

Hi, As you can see below I have a 900 Classic LT. As has been mentioned before seats may not be Vulcan strong suits. I mostly ride single, however do ride two-up with wife and she does indicate that my bikes seat is not real comfy. On longer rides, north of 300 Kms, I find the pilot seat a little difficult too. I do not have a local dealer here where I can take a variety of after-market seats for a test sit. So could you provide your thoughts on whatever you have on your 900. Thanks
Flashing Tail Light
Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn
Kick-back Risers
Custom GPS Holder
Papa Smrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
MT Buckeye

I got the same responce from my significant other. I picked up a mustang seat. Made a huge difference! No more sqirming around on the back because of a sore butt.
MT Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Old Syko

Stock seats aren't really seats, they're actually 3 fingered prostate exams. Can't tell ya what to get as I'm trying to decide myself. Maybe a gel seat with preparation H as the gel. Right now the Mustang seems to be high on others lists.
Old Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
VulKaw
Premium Member

I don't think I had my '08 Custom 900 but a month, (just bought it this June), before I put a Mustang on it, I , and the wife, are MUCH happier with it. Only problem is that it fits tight against the sissy bar.

VulKaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
kingnba6
Top Contributor

mustang seat with drivers back rest. love it
kingnba6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
bamadrive

Two piece Mustang with conchos hehe 410 bucks shipped from DK, and well worth it on my 99 800A.

Stock seat was good for only about 45 mins at a time then a 10 or 15 min break was necessary.

New Mustang seat out of the box first ride about an hour and a half with no pain at all. I now know that I can ride all day long and feel great. Passenger reports same result with the rear seat.

I don't have the backrest, didn't want it and don't need it, it is an expensive option and when I remove the back seat the bike looks so much better solo without it. BTW I can remove or install the backseat and sissy bar when needed in about 5 mins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	naked hiney.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	13864   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	13865  
bamadrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Graybush
Top Contributor

I planned on buying a Parts Unlimited Double Bucket seat but stumbled across a Corbin on craigslist and added a new backrest to it. I just got done riding >230 miles and I feel fine. Had I found a similar deal on a Mustang I would have gone with it but all accounts say that it moves you up and forward slightly whereas now I feel like I have a little more legroom with mine. They say that only a Corbin butt loves a Corbin seat so try one out first if you can.

Anything has to be an improvement over the stock seat.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
bamadrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybush View Post
I planned on buying a Parts Unlimited Double Bucket seat but stumbled across a Corbin on craigslist and added a new backrest to it. I just got done riding >230 miles and I feel fine. Had I found a similar deal on a Mustang I would have gone with it but all accounts say that it moves you up and forward slightly whereas now I feel like I have a little more legroom with mine. They say that only a Corbin butt loves a Corbin seat so try one out first if you can.

Anything has to be an improvement over the stock seat.
Mine did not move me forward but I did go up about an inch, and the thigh area is wider than stock so for a short legged guy like me 32 inseam, I lost the ability to have both feet flat while sitting. If I stand while stopped not a problem. I can get one foot flat with the other on the ball while sitting though. Takes a bit of getting used to but I plan to lower the rear 2 inches in the spring. After riding it like this since July I don't even think about it though. I still think it's the best investment I've made on the bike so far.
bamadrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Strompilot
Top Contributor

If you want a motorcycle seat to be very comfortable for the long haul for both you and your passenger, get a Russell Day Long saddle. They use your stock seat pan and then fabricate the foam density and shape to YOUR specifications to make it a truly customized seat. An RDL is a little more expensive than a Mustang, but definitely worth the money.

You get the idea. It's not shaped like a classic cruiser seat, but you don't look at it when your're riding. It also looks better on an LT that has the passenger backrest/sissybar. I had just the rider's portion of the seat done, which came to just over $600.00 and change. It would be a bit more to have the passenger's seat re-done. But if she likes it.............
If you don't need the rider's backrest, doing both front and rear seat portions would cost about the same as just the rider's part plus the backrest. Money well spent, IMO. It's an investment into your comfort (and hers)

'09 650 VStrom
Strompilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
GaHack1

Mustang seat was a great addition to my 96 vn800a. Wife loves the back seat compared to the stock one. Rode about 380 miles last weekend no problems.
GaHack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement