Batwing, hard bags, VN 900 lightbar, backrest/luggage rack - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Classifieds > Bike Parts, exhausts, etc. For Sale

Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Cyclesarge

Default Batwing, hard bags, VN 900 lightbar, backrest/luggage rack

Decided with a Kawasaki Versys in the works (I'll use that for longer distances) I'm gonna go a different direction with my Vulcan, more of a stripped down local cruiser, haha.
Anyway I am selling off the parts I don't need anymore. These are all off the bike at the current time, I just haven't taken any pictures of them separately yet. All in great condition, and ready to ship.
The parts and prices are
1)Memphis Shades Batwing with 5" tinted shield very lightly used ($358 new) $275 Shipped.
2)Mutazu HL hard saddlebags ($340 new, with their ridiculous $60 shipping) $275 shipped. Nice thing about these is they are already drilled and mounted for a VN900, assuming you like my placement, bolt on and go. Plus they are very lightly used.
3)Sold
4) Sold
5) Memphis Shades, plate only mounting brackets for a VN900, also fit other bikes but not sure which), (new $69) $45 shipped, I won't sell these until the Batwing is sold.
Here's a couple pictures that show what the parts look like mounted on the bike.

Last edited by Cyclesarge; 10-09-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Cyclesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Cyclesarge

To answer a couple questions. The fairing is just the fairing and the windshield. No mounting hardware. I DO have the "plate only" kit, that allows you to mount the fairing to other Memphis Shades "trigger lock" base plates, such as those for the Memphis Shades "Fats" line.

Also I would be interested in trading any of this for an exhaust system.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Cyclesarge this is just a total shot in the dark but I've been wanting those hard bags but I've got some other stuff I need to buy first so I'm not willing to shell out the cash right now, but I've got a Vulcan 900 custom rim with a car tire on it that I'm selling. Interested in a trade? (Basically you could mount that right on to your bike and run a car tire, i.e. the one that is already on it, without a tube, because it's a solid rim, not spoked. Or put a different tire on it and run it tubeless, etc.)

I understand if not. I just figured 'what the heck', couldn't hurt to ask right?

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Wonder how tough those bags would be to modify for an 800? Wish you were within a couple hundred miles so I could look at them with a measuring stick in hand.
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Cyclesarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Cyclesarge this is just a total shot in the dark but I've been wanting those hard bags but I've got some other stuff I need to buy first so I'm not willing to shell out the cash right now, but I've got a Vulcan 900 custom rim with a car tire on it that I'm selling. Interested in a trade? (Basically you could mount that right on to your bike and run a car tire, i.e. the one that is already on it, without a tube, because it's a solid rim, not spoked. Or put a different tire on it and run it tubeless, etc.)

I understand if not. I just figured 'what the heck', couldn't hurt to ask right?
I was thinking about that before, but just bought a new back tire. I like the solid back wheel look, but then I'd want a different front wheel also.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Cyclesarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Wonder how tough those bags would be to modify for an 800? Wish you were within a couple hundred miles so I could look at them with a measuring stick in hand.
I'm sure they could be made to fit, though you probably wouldn't be able to use the mounting points I've used (i.e. you'd have to plug some holes). When I was deciding which bags to get I took a cardboard box and cut it to the size and general shape of the HL and other bags (with the measurements from the Mutazu website) to see what looked and fit right.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Old Syko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclesarge View Post
4)Cobra passenger back rest and luggage rack, a few more mile on them than the other parts but still look good and function perfectly, $150 shipped.
Is this tall medium or short and is it round or square tube? I need tall.
Old Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclesarge View Post
I was thinking about that before, but just bought a new back tire. I like the solid back wheel look, but then I'd want a different front wheel also.
Okay well if you change your mind let me know.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
Lonestar_R

Would you make a package deal on the bags and the fairing?
Lonestar_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Cyclesarge

The lightbar and the backrest/luggage rack have sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement