Ride On Tire Protection System - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Question Ride On Tire Protection System

Has anyone had any experience with this product? Ride On Tire Protection System. Since the Classic (spoked wheels) runs tubes I am considering this product and looking to see if anyone with experience with it. I have heard slime may have wheel balance issue above 55mph. But this product states no issue.

From their Website they state; "Works in Tubes and Tubeless Tires - Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire."

"Balance - With one installation of Ride-On, lead weights become a thing of the past. While Ride-On works in conjunction with traditional weights, you won’t need them anymore. Ride-On is specially formulated to hydrodynamically balance high-speed tires and dampen road noise and vibrations that cause a rough ride. The great thing is Ride-On will continue to adjust and literally rebalance your tires as you ride for the legal life of the tires. So go ahead, pop off those wheel weights, shine your wheels, and enjoy the smoothest ride you have ever experienced on your bike."

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

2010 900 Classic
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Tigeraif

I'd be interested to. Have a 6000KM trip coming up on my vulcan 900 classic.
Tigeraif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
R_W_B
Top Contributor

Yea I ran it in my prevously owned Harley tires. I had the laced wheels and ran it for the reason you spoke of, but it works on tubeless also. It's not like the slime, not the same consistency and it washes off with water. Is not flammable.

You have to use a larger amount of it for the balance part. It has two scenarios on the dosage chart (on their website). One is just for puncture seals and the larger does also balances on the same premise as dyna beads.

It only protects the tread area, not the side walls or if a long nail goes all the way thru and out the top of the tube. I felt a bit better riding with it. I will never have laced wheels again.

Just make sure you install it (and check your air pressure) with the valve Below 10 and 2 oclock.

Check around online for the best price. Dealers are kinda high on it. I think I bought mine at Amazon but can't remember for sure.
R_W_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Thank you for the feedback. This is what I was looking for. I think I will feel better riding with it as well. I'll have to start researching pricing.

Sent from my DROID2

2010 900 Classic
Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
skorepeo

Let us know where the cheapest price is for this product
skorepeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
tang56

I installed the Ride-on tire treatment about two weeks ago. An eight oz bottle was 15 bucks. Put 8 in the front and 8 in the rear, altho the rear called for 10 on the web site. No noticable change in the ride, but I like the protection aspect.
tang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorepeo View Post
Let us know where the cheapest price is for this product
Best pricing I found was at my local repair shop [NoPork Motorsports] ($15 per 8oz bottle). Just have to look around but did not find it any cheaper. I probably could have asked them for a discount, and they most likely given one (best prices on tires I have found, including the internet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang56 View Post
I installed the Ride-on tire treatment about two weeks ago. An eight oz bottle was 15 bucks. Put 8 in the front and 8 in the rear, altho the rear called for 10 on the web site. No noticable change in the ride, but I like the protection aspect.
Purchased (3) 8oz bottles, a bit pricey, but for peace of mind worth it. Installed 10oz. front, 14oz. rear for seal & balance. Wasn't sure what to expect for balancing, but have to say I did notice a smoother ride (less vibration). At freeway speeds is where I noticed it the most.

2010 900 Classic
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
sfair
Top Contributor

What would be nice to know is if someone actually picked up a nail and the product did its job for a spoked wheel.
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
bosco
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfair View Post
What would be nice to know is if someone actually picked up a nail and the product did its job for a spoked wheel.
Agree. Other than the statements from the company, have not been able to find a response for a tubed wheel that it worked (as advertised). Frankly, hope I never have to test it, but if I do, will post my experience with the product (now that it's in the tubes).

2010 900 Classic
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
drasm22

I put 8 oz of Ride-on in my new front tire last Saturday and have put ~50 miles on her. I can't tell any difference from the dyna beads it replaced. Smooth ride; hope not to find out how well the seal protection side of it works.
drasm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement