Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2011 Nomad Trunk

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jarob59 
#1 ·
Question about trunks. I have a 2011 Nomad and would like to add a trunk. I or should I say we have driven the Voyager. My wife likes the backrest and grab bars on my Nomad better. I want to leave them but add storage space. Does anyone know of a hard trunk that opens from the side without a backrest? I would prefer one about 22-24 wide about 12-16 deep and 10-15 in height. There are plenty out there but all open from the back. Any help. Thanks!!

#4 ·
I have a receiver hitch on my Voyager. I built a cargo rack that slides into the receiver. I have a cheap e-bay trunk that I can mount to the rack or I can bungy what ever I am hauling directly to the rack. I have a set of small lights that I am going to mount to the sides of the rack. Just haven't done that yet. Have you considered doing something like that? Then you can leave your existing backrest on your bike.

#6 ·
I went with the Kawasaki Trunk kit for my Nomad - it came in the Diablo Black. I installed the Yamaha rack (K emblem over the star). I glassed inside of the top cover in the mounting area as I was concerned that the ABS material was not strong enough. It was pretty pricey but with the lights and trunk pad it is still about half of what a HD trunk would be. Check out the Scootworks rack and trunk. Their's is fiberglass but does not have the light kit and is about 1/3 less. I love having the hard trunk!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.