Coooeeee... Aussie vulcans - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Regional Forums > International

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
magneto69

Default Coooeeee... Aussie vulcans

Hi everyone im new to this forum but have recognised some forum members from oz don't know anyone personally but thought it would be nice if we had a place to say g'day

and thanks Ian for your feedback it has really helped out.

hope to chat with other members soon

may you live long and prosper.
magneto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
Bad Juju
Lifetime Premium

Hi Magneto,

Seems like SFA Aussie people on here are active.
I'm really struggling to find people who actually want to go for a ride round Brisbane on a weekend. Good luck in SA, I would love to get down there some day ..... what is the best time of year to ride?

Qld is best right now and spring stable weather and not too hot. Winter is also good but you have to stay near the coast or its too damn cold ... well it is for me and I grew up in the snowy mountains.
Bad Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
IF1960

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Juju View Post
Hi Magneto,

Seems like SFA Aussie people on here are active.
I'm really struggling to find people who actually want to go for a ride round Brisbane on a weekend. Good luck in SA, I would love to get down there some day ..... what is the best time of year to ride?

Qld is best right now and spring stable weather and not too hot. Winter is also good but you have to stay near the coast or its too damn cold ... well it is for me and I grew up in the snowy mountains.
check out the people at Kawariders.com.au JUJU ...

If it be inappropriate to mention another forum within here I understand and won't be offended if this post is deleted

Cheers
'08 R1200RT-P
IF1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
Bad Juju
Lifetime Premium

Hey Ian,
yeah I' m there too same username.
Most stuff is in Melbourne, I seen the BBD ride at the end of the month. I am away on a 5 day trip at that time though.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
IsAnOzzie
Lifetime Premium

~~~~~waving from the sunny Central Coast NSW, 1700 classic
IsAnOzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
greeneggs
BOTM Winner, February 2014

Welcome from Queensland

Hey Juju, do most of my riding with the http://www.goldcoastcruiserclub.com/.

Great crew, usually 30-40 bikes turn up for an average 200km+ ride each fortnight through some amazing country. All aged 40+ riding a cruiser are welcome.

Cheers
greeneggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #7
Bad Juju
Lifetime Premium

Thanks GreenEggs,
LOL not 40 yet (August), and btw your ride calendar page is missing ;-) from the GCCC site.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Slasher

Cool Ausie riders

Hello to Vulcan riders, Im wondering if anyone can help with my after market exhaust question. I want to change my exhuast with a pair of slip ons ,my dealer has told me that the USA slip ons do not fit our bikes here, brackets O2 sensor needs to be drilled and installed etc , sound like sh.. and they just want me to spend the extra dollars with them. I can get them to install some Vance & Hines bit I wanted to go either the Cobra Tri oval or Scalloped tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated , I also noticed some other Vulcan riders here in the south east, would be good to catch up for a ride.

Cheers
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #9
greeneggs
BOTM Winner, February 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
... I also noticed some other Vulcan riders here in the south east, would be good to catch up for a ride.

Cheers
For a local ride, check out http://www.goldcoastcruiserclub.com/

Last edited by greeneggs; 05-28-2012 at 05:01 AM.
greeneggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
IsAnOzzie
Lifetime Premium

I bought a set of Cobra slip ons, discounted due to being shop soiled, nothing a polish did not fix, came through no worries, its my third OS purchase of exhausts over the years, never had any issues with them.

As for the O2 sensor it is further up on the header pipes so the slip ons have no effect on them working at all.

The brackets are made exactly to fit the 1700. the dealer is talking BS. he may have had problems with other aftermarket pipes, but I can tell you the 4 inch Cobra slip ons with the scalloped tips fit fine.

Price? $440.00 AU delivered.

I will say the Cobra's are loud, I packed mine with a material I found on the web to quieten them down a bit.

go for it. they are a snap to fit.

Do or do not, there is no try. YODA

Last edited by IsAnOzzie; 05-28-2012 at 02:32 AM.
IsAnOzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement