Jack *HELP* PLEASE - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 02-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Default Jack *HELP* PLEASE

SO yesterday i walk into a pawn shop, ya i know i was slummin but there are always some great deals on stuff . So anyway theres this Craftsman 1500 M/J just sittin there with my name on it 59.00 , it looked brand new and they said it had only been there for 1 day. So i bought it , my question is how in the hell do you get it under the bike ? Short of drivin the beast onto a 2x6 i dont see any other way to make the thing work>> The Pitt Bull i had worked great and the Harbor Freight ( im spoiled its not solid enough for me )goes under fine... As tall as this jack is i would need to put the Mrs ( lowered 900 ) way up in the air to get it under the frame. My Beast has not been lowered ? The top of the pads on the jack measure 5.4 in. from the floor. My frame rail is 4.5 in from the under side on the left. While the jack was under the right side of the bike i attempted to lift it off the side stand with one hand and shove the jack under it but it still wouldnt go... Bulldozer, if i cant figure this out i might have a jack for sale cheap, actually 2 jacks ..... !

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint
Wheels, Forks,Rotors,Calipers all polished

2008 V900 Customized By ROAR
2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Kaw-poke
V2K Rogue Wrangler

With the name Bulldozer, I woulda thunk you could just pick up the bike and set it on the lift.

sorry, no help at all. Couldn't resist. Just have another beer and somebody will come along soon to offer the solution.
Kaw-poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw-poke View Post
With the name Bulldozer, I woulda thunk you could just pick up the bike and set it on the lift.

sorry, no help at all. Couldn't resist. Just have another beer and somebody will come along soon to offer the solution.
Thanks now i know why they call you POKE ..... Actually Bulldozer has been my nickname for 52 years cause i learned to drive on a D8 Caterpillar at the ripe old age of 4...

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
Thanks now i know why they call you POKE ..... .
I thought the reason he was called cow-poke was for something else. My bad.
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
I thought the reason he was called cow-poke was for something else. My bad.
Oh man i never thought of that Smed ..... But aint pokin cows cows illegal .. Besides in Texas they say the men are men and its sheep that are scared....

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 02-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
Kaw-poke
V2K Rogue Wrangler

Quote:
Oh man i never thought of that Smed ..... But aint pokin cows cows illegal .. Besides in Texas they say the men are men and its sheep that are scared....
Well, I had this nickname fer 52 year. When I wuz 4 year old I learnt to eat cattypillurz and somehow that name just stuck. Wait. No, that ain't me. Hmm, now I don't member how it got stuck on me.

And by the way, it's them Oklahomo sheeps that are skared of all them goat-ropers up north a ways.

Maybe I just likes to hijack threads. Hehehee.
Kaw-poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
gillyiowa

Default jack

Quote:
SO yesterday i walk into a pawn shop, ya i know i was slummin but there are always some great deals on stuff . So anyway theres this Craftsman 1500 M/J just sittin there with my name on it 59.00 , it looked brand new and they said it had only been there for 1 day. So i bought it , my question is how in the hell do you get it under the bike ? Short of drivin the beast onto a 2x6 i dont see any other way to make the thing work>> The Pitt Bull i had worked great and the Harbor Freight ( im spoiled its not solid enough for me )goes under fine... As tall as this jack is i would need to put the Mrs ( lowered 900 ) way up in the air to get it under the frame. My Beast has not been lowered ? The top of the pads on the jack measure 5.4 in. from the floor. My frame rail is 4.5 in from the under side on the left. While the jack was under the right side of the bike i attempted to lift it off the side stand with one hand and shove the jack under it but it still wouldnt go... Bulldozer, if i cant figure this out i might have a jack for sale cheap, actually 2 jacks ..... !
I've got the aluminum craftsman cycle jack and even with my lowered v2k, I have no problem getting under it. I've got the steel craftsman jack under my wifes lowered 900 lt and need 2x6 under the tires to get that to work.
gillyiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
bulldozer
Top Contributor

[QUOTE=Kaw-poke;
Maybe I just likes to hijack threads. Hehehee.[/QUOTE]

See how ya are.............. I want to add to the record , i AINT ever hijacked any threads......................

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
bulldozer
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyiowa View Post
I've got the aluminum craftsman cycle jack and even with my lowered v2k, I have no problem getting under it. I've got the steel craftsman jack under my wifes lowered 900 lt and need 2x6 under the tires to get that to work.
Gill im wondering how tall the pads are on your jack.... Maybe my bike is lower cause the C/tire ? im itchin to get the beast up in the air cause i know theres some dust or something i need to clean/shine etc.
Looks like i will need to run to lowes for a 2x6 ! Thanks, BD

2008 V2K
Gone to the Darkside
Hard Krome 2-1
Power Commander
Custom Paint

2-1 Exhaust
Baron Big Air
Scootworks Pulleys
Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
gillyiowa

Default jack

mine has a 225/55/60 car tire on now and lowered. It's just the aluminum floor jack retracts down farther. Also like the auto locking feature
gillyiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement