Throttle Modification - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
captj3
Top Contributor

Thumbs up Throttle Modification

I wanted to give everyone my opinion on my recent mod done to my Nomad. I recently went to Racnrays shop to meet him and have him perform the same modification to my throttle that he has done to his Vaquero.

I have to say this was money well spent. First my skoot now has no lag/delay when you hit the throttle off the line. This also holds true when cruising at low rpms. It got rid the sloppy throttle response I was having. Now it is crisp the way it should have been from the factory. No more delay.

Now there was another benefit to having this done as well. I was experiencing the throttle to be jerky on decel and then lightly giving it some gas while cruising on the streets. This is no longer there! This was a pleasant surprise to me. This alone was worth doing the mod.

The mod will work with stock grips and my Kuryakan Iso Grips. This was one of reasons I went down to him so he could test them and make sure it would fit. I have to say he has a nice clean and professional shop and his tech Mark (I hope I got his name right) was knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.

So if anyone is interested in getting this done to there bikes I would highly recommend doing it. I believe you can PM him about this.
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Cobra PowerPro Tuner
Thunder Tornado Air Kit
captj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
kickice24

Nice!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
RACNRAY
Vendor

Default Thanx

Glad to hear you like the improvements my mod makes. We ride our skoots to have fun, but sometimes simple mods like this can make our skoots more, uh, FUNNERER!!

THANX AND ENJOY!!

RACNRAY

Last edited by RACNRAY; 09-12-2011 at 03:35 PM.
RACNRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Top K

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
Glad to hear you like the improvements my mod makes. We ride our skoots to have fun, but sometimes simple mods like this can make our skoots more, uh, FUNNERER!!

THANX AND ENJOY!!

RACNRAY
Okay, I'm curious...what changes did you make?
PGR
Top K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
ATC1700

That's interesting. Just curious if you have any other mods done to the bike. Intake exhaust or fuel management? I noticed a quicker response after that and I'm wondering if you are still runnin stock or not

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

If you get in a pinch, gas it. It will either fix the problem or end the suspense.
ATC1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
ginobertoloti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post

THANX AND ENJOY!!

RACNRAY
Hey Ray, There you are. Would you post info on reaching you or you could email me your # and address of shopto me. I would like to come down and have you check my scoot and possibly do some adjustments and a dyno run. My email is geedoo@att.net.

Also Justinmccurdy on our site is having a major issue with a possible air inlet leak (intake manifold)and we were wonderin if you had any expeiences with the flange gasket or sealing issues. Check todays forum and you will see his post

Look forward to meetin you and gettin some work done. I currently ride a VV and have installed the Tri-ovals, Thunder stock air kit and I hate to say it, The cobra fi2000r. lookin to upgrade that to the power pro but theres not enough feedback on the 1700's with this tuner yet. Any thoughts on this tuner?
ginobertoloti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
captj3
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC1700 View Post
That's interesting. Just curious if you have any other mods done to the bike. Intake exhaust or fuel management? I noticed a quicker response after that and I'm wondering if you are still runnin stock or not

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
If you are referring to me, I only have the exhaust done. Everything else is stock. That is why I like this mod. It made a very noticeable difference. I can't wait for my power pro to arrive.
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Cobra PowerPro Tuner
Thunder Tornado Air Kit
captj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
RACNRAY
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top K View Post
Okay, I'm curious...what changes did you make?
I modify the throttle in such a way that throttle response is improved, removing a large percentage of throttle plate opening delay that Kawi has built into the fly-by-wire system. captj3 already had slip-ons installed a while back, so his impression of the improvement is only of the throttle mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobertoloti View Post
Hey Ray, There you are. Would you post info on reaching you or you could email me your # and address of shopto me. I would like to come down and have you check my scoot and possibly do some adjustments and a dyno run. My email is geedoo@att.net.

Also Justinmccurdy on our site is having a major issue with a possible air inlet leak (intake manifold)and we were wonderin if you had any expeiences with the flange gasket or sealing issues. Check todays forum and you will see his post

Look forward to meetin you and gettin some work done. I currently ride a VV and have installed the Tri-ovals, Thunder stock air kit and I hate to say it, The cobra fi2000r. lookin to upgrade that to the power pro but theres not enough feedback on the 1700's with this tuner yet. Any thoughts on this tuner?
I'll send an email asap. I have much experience with intake manifold leaks on jap skoots, i will have to take a close look at how the V's are set up as looking at the parts diagram i am having a hard time figgerin out what i am looking at, doesn't look like anything i've seen before.

RACNRAY
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
RACNRAY
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by captj3 View Post
If you are referring to me, I only have the exhaust done. Everything else is stock. That is why I like this mod. It made a very noticeable difference. I can't wait for my power pro to arrive.
captj3...Question, and ding dang i should of asked you this in one of our previous phone conversations...

How does the improvement in acceleration and throttle response with my throttle mod compare to the same improvements you noticed when you installed the slip-ons. Slipons are the most common mod we make to these big V's, and offer x amount of performance improvement. Your personal experience with the two modifications you have made and a comparison of those mods may help us to understand what is usually experienced with slip-on installation vs my throttle mod, and the level of improvement each one is responsible for.

THANX
RACNRAY
Old 09-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
king_arthur1953
Lifetime Premium

For those of us in other parts of the country, I am in Arkansas, is there a kit you sell for the throttle improvement or is it adjustments. I am riding a 2010 voyager 1700abs.
king_arthur1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement