FI2000 Settings - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Dcrew

Default FI2000 Settings

Anyone here with the FI2000 and cobra swept pipes and stock air filter. Did you modify the settings on the FI2000 or leave them stock? Mine seems to keep the high idle excessively long at cold starup since i added these. Wondering if it's a settings issue or if this is normal.

If you did adjust it what settings did you come up with?
Dcrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
xxxxxxRTL Rider

lot of post on the fi2000, I don't have your setup but have the fi2000r with hypercharger and hard krome pipes with the setting of 1-2-1 right now and am happy with that. different setups will require different settings on the cobra fi2000 which can be a bitch to get right!lol
xxxxxxRTL Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
MJ 21A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrew View Post
Anyone here with the FI2000 and cobra swept pipes and stock air filter. Did you modify the settings on the FI2000 or leave them stock? Mine seems to keep the high idle excessively long at cold starup since i added these. Wondering if it's a settings issue or if this is normal.

If you did adjust it what settings did you come up with?
I think the bike will idle high longer becuase of the back pressure, stock pipes becuase of more back pressure will get the engne hotter faster and lower the idle sooner. So that is normal. I have stock pipes with the baffles removed and a K and N air filter, I run 1.1.0 on the FI2000. Should work for you too. Runs good, and still gets around 50 MPG.......have a nice day, MJ
MJ 21A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
otter

K&N, Vance and Hines with baffles and smartpartz baffles.

1.5 - 3.5 - 0

Sounds awesome on the highway, pulls well and gets 45mpg.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
diehard rider
Top Contributor

I have Cobra longs with a K&N filter with a Kuryakyn scoop air box cover. I thought the
fi2000r was a pain in the ass to get it set right. So what I did was slice the fake vents open on the air box cover to create more air. I found it was a lot easier for me to set the fuel processor! My settings are 2-3.25-0 and she runs great and still getting 45-48 mpg.

Kawi Quick release backrest
Kawi Passanger floorboards
Kawi Luggage rack
Kawi 14" Windshield
Mustang Seat
Mustang pass backrest pad
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
D&D slip on exhaust
Altrimax HP 195/55/16 car tire.
Leather saddlebag chaps
diehard rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
otter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard rider View Post
I have Cobra longs with a K&N filter with a Kuryakyn scoop air box cover. I thought the
fi2000r was a pain in the ass to get it set right. So what I did was slice the fake vents open on the air box cover to create more air. I found it was a lot easier for me to set the fuel processor! My settings are 2-3.25-0 and she runs great and still getting 45-48 mpg.

I have the same cover. What did you use to slice open the vents?

dremel?
boxcutter?
scalpel?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
diehard rider
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I have the same cover. What did you use to slice open the vents?

dremel?
boxcutter?
scalpel?
I used a small drill bit and drilled holes on each end of the slots and used a dremel on the inside. I did the top 4 slots and under that I did the top 3 slots. I might attach a screen on the inside, depends on how many little buggers get thru. Another thing is... I hope the fake chrome doesn't start peeling, just to give you something to think about before you do it.

Kawi Luggage rack
Kawi 14" Windshield
Mustang Seat
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
D&D slip on exhaust
Leather saddlebag chaps
diehard rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
otter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard rider View Post
I used a small drill bit and drilled holes on each end of the slots and used a dremel on the inside. I did the top 4 slots and under that I did the top 3 slots. I might attach a screen on the inside, depends on how many little buggers get thru. Another thing is... I hope the fake chrome doesn't start peeling, just to give you something to think about before you do it.
the peeling chrome is my concern as well... if moisture gets onto the cut areas and migrates under the plating, it may very well start to peel.

If I do it, I'll get some silver model paint and carfully "seal" the edges of the exposed plastic. Shouldn't be noticeable unless someone looks very very very close.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
diehard rider
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
the peeling chrome is my concern as well... if moisture gets onto the cut areas and migrates under the plating, it may very well start to peel.

If I do it, I'll get some silver model paint and carfully "seal" the edges of the exposed plastic. Shouldn't be noticeable unless someone looks very very very close.
Thanks for a great idea, I think i'm going shopping for some silver paint. lol!

Kawi Luggage rack
Kawi 14" Windshield
Mustang Seat
Ipod adapter kit/Ipod
Black ISO Grip
Offset ISO highway pegs
PC5 W/ignition
D&D slip on exhaust