Modular helmets - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > Motorcycle Safety And Riding Gear Discussions

Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
vulcanNY

Default Modular helmets

Need some personal review of anyone having ....

Shark evo line 2 helmet...?

Bell Revolver helmet?

shoei helmet?

With all this hot weather been thinking of having a modular.....

have a half helmet but prefer modular cause i do mix slight city and most highway.

Thanks
vulcanNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
1700Classic
Premium Member

I have the following helmet. I'm happy with it but I still wear my full Shoei helmet more often. The fog protection is as useless as any other helmet. Lasts for about a week. It's considerably heavier than a full helmet. It's kind of spacy looking too. The video does a great job showing all its features:

Old 07-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
VN900C-SE

I've got the Shark Evoline 2. It's pricy, but I love it.

I rarely ride with the chinguard up because I prefer the protection, however the convenience of flipping it up to talk to someone or get a drink is great.

Vents in the chin guard and top seem to do well, noise with chin/visor down seems to be about average.

The internal sunvisor doesn't seem dark enough but sure beats pulling off the road to put on sunglasses. The mechanism is simple and effective (I've seen other helmets that use a springloaded switch on the side to drop the 2nd visor fail)

It's a good looking, good fitting helmet. Be sure to try one on, the cheek guards are pretty snug. I had to cut some padding out of the ear pads to get my new UClear HBC100 earphones to stop squishing my ears (review on those coming soon)

Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions.

2010 Vulcan 900 Custom Metallic Flat Spark Black SE
Kuryakn ISO Grips, ThrottleBoss and KewlMetal helmet locks
Kuryakn ISO Switchblade Pegs, Passenger Floorboards, shift and brake pedal covers
Willie and Max Black Label Solo/Pillion Combo
Chrome Highway Bar
Kawi F&S Backrest/Luggage Rack, Radiator Frame
F2P GDR
Gorilla 2-Way Alarm
Evoline Shark Helmet/UBC 100 Bluetooth Headset
Bob Dron Faring/Memphis Shades mount hybrid
Mutazu RS Hard Bags/EZBrackets
VN900C-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Tallannie
Top Contributor

you didnt mention the HJC Symax II... which both my husband and I have and really like. Has an internal flip down sun visor and is not heavy (IMHO).. and much more convenient than the full faces we used to use..... http://images.motorcycle-superstore....lar_Helmet.jpg

apparently this model has been superceded...might find a deal..?

Annie

Last edited by Tallannie; 07-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Tallannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Cagecam

My wife and I love are shark evoline 2 helmet's. I use it open face most of the time. I like it if I want to change to full face for the cold or rain. Also don't have to pull over to change it to open or full face. Very nice
Cagecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Rescue Wagon

I went with a Hawk from Leatherup.com. I love it and for the price you can't beat it.
Classic Rear Fender
Harley Tour Pack
Running on the Darkside
Rescue Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallannie View Post
you didnt mention the HJC Symax II... which both my husband and I have and really like. Has an internal flip down sun visor and is not heavy (IMHO).. and much more convenient than the full faces we used to use..... http://images.motorcycle-superstore....lar_Helmet.jpg

apparently this model has been superceded...might find a deal..?

Annie
This is the one I have and I love it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
docfunnybonz

Like Rescue Wagon, I too have the Hawk helmet from Leatherup.com, for the price it has been a great helmet, here's the link http://leatherup.com/p/Hawk-Helmets/...met/54907.html
docfunnybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
windsurfdog

Let me be the 3rd support of the Shark Evoline...mine is the older 1st gen. model and I wouldn't have another helmet...except, of course, a gen. 2 Evoline. During the summer, I ride my chinbar open around town and closed when I get out on the road. Opening and closing the bar is a one hand operation.

Donning the helmet while wearing glasses is a snap. Plus, donning is earbud friendly for those who employ same.

The only complaint is a tendency of the shaded visor to collect road sand when the main visor is open. The sand will get caught between the visor and the visor slot making shaded visor scratches inevitable.

On the plus side, the outer visor is scratch free and is still doing a commendable, though not perfect, job vs. fog...and this is after 2+ years of commuting.

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind?"...'Bones McCoy"
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
Theo_Rioles
Premium Member

Garage

I bought a Hawk helmet from leatherup.com XXL. not even close to fitting, but my XL helmet from a competitor is just a tad snug....?

Leatherup.com says I have to pay return shipping, which I think is bull shine.

I will never buy from leatherup.com again!!
Theo_Rioles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement