Carb problem? or somthing more? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1500

Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
VulconRider

Default Carb problem? or somthing more?

i just bought a 1996 1500-L Vulcan, it will start w/ choke out and idle fine go to push the carb in it will run ruff and slober on its self, the the Right side Air in take box will spill Oil looking Gas out of it, and the over flow tube. tryed to run it for a while it had been setting. figured the needles and float was to blame. Darn ethanl . i got it to run smooth for a bit. then it was like a small back fire and that oily gas puked out of the air intake. and all over my leg and the right side of the motor. i was thinking its needles, and maybe a Vent tube cloged? any one have any other ideas?

Last edited by VulconRider; 07-19-2011 at 11:05 AM.
VulconRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
fonz27

i have a 97 that i debaffled. ever since i debaffled it everynow and again my intake on the right side spits out the seal abit and oil comes out too. a little oil is supposed to come up there because of the egr valve. I get oil on my crome and my side cover. i think this is because of the baffles not being in the pipes anymore and not having proper jetting. they said no jetting is needed after debaffleing but i dont think that is correct otherwise it wouldn't back fire through the carb. Bike runs great besides a few hic cups now and then, is your bike debaffled? let me know
Old 07-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
sfair
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz27 View Post
because of the egr valve.
No EGR valve on these bikes.
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
fonz27

thanks for that sfair, where is the oil coming from in this case? crank tube?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
sfair
Top Contributor

Crankcase is vented to the air cleaner so that fumes will be burned in the engine and not vented to the atmosphere.
There are a few reasons that oil can get into the air cleaner; some of them are oil overfilled, excessive blow-by, high rpm, just to name a few.
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
VulconRider

the pipes on this bike is After market Vance&Hines w/baffels. and ya the oil is comming from vent tube think it may be cloged some what. causing pressure and pushing out the air intake. not 100% sure. still working on it. waiting on the Carb rebuild kits to come in the mail.
VulconRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Mike_Anderson

Garage

I put the V&H drag pipes on my 04 1500 and put a 142 jet in the carb runs perfect with no baffels
Mike_Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement