Vaquero owners thread - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 02-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Roadie
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Default Vaquero owners thread

This Thread is dedicated to all Vaquero Owners and any other interested bikers.
Roadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Roadie
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Default No Stalling Issues on the new 2011 Vaquero

Now have just about 600 miles on my new 2011 Vaquero. No stalling issues what so ever, it has plenty of pickup from a dead start.

Will be changing over to AMSOIL Oil and Filter and a K&N air filter once I have reached that 1000 miles, that may help it to run quieter and cooler.

Hey, it is a big V-Twin and they always put out heat, road a Roadstar for years, air cooled, and a lot of heat.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

I am not familiar with the Vaquero. Can you supply me with the "Letter Designation" from Kawi ? Although it most likely takes the standard Kawi oil filter, I would like to check it out further so an OEM Part # would be great.

As for the K&N Air filter. If you Love your bike and intend on keeping it, stay with the OEM Air Filter. Your bike will like you a lot more.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

For more info go to www.bestoil4you.com or Toll Free 1-877-356-6099 EMAIL: AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com
Amsoil Dealer Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
scotman623

As for the K&N Air filter. If you Love your bike and intend on keeping it, stay with the OEM Air Filter. Your bike will like you a lot more.

Mr. Amsoil dealer, could you please elaborate on this statement you make? Proof please would be best if you have it, or are you just making a personal opinion?
scotman623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
twowheeladdict
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth B Cooley Jr View Post
Hey Roadie,
I've put my name on a new Vaquero, the red one.
I hope to buy it in the next few months.
Want to sell a couple bikes before then.
I've owned a 2007 Vulcan Nomad 1600 that I enjoyed.
Thanks for starting the thread.
Ken C.
I'm in the same boat. Do I sell and get the Vaquero, or do I make my Voyager as close to a Vaquero as possible for solo riding and put the tour stuff back on when touring and taking my lovely bride for rides.

see my garage for list of accessories
twowheeladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post

Mr. Amsoil dealer, could you please elaborate on this statement you make? Proof please would be best if you have it, or are you just making a personal opinion?
No personal opinion here. I own a filter test machine and spent a lot of Money testing other filters and the K&N. Donaldson has had tests performed and show how poor of a job the K&N does in filtering. Some of RACOR's filters are made by K&N and say right on the box "For Marine Use Only". When I went to school at RACOR, I asked a question (I already knew the answer) "Why for Marine use only?" Right in front of everyone he said " We don't have to worry about dirt over the water, just need to keep the chunks from getting in the engine".

As part of a "Performance Upgrade" on my bike, a K&N filter was installed. My oil analysis came back "High Silica (Dirt) and Elevated Wear Metals (over 560 ppm)" Analysis report recommended checking/replacing filter. Removed the K&N, installed an AMSOIL Filter which, flows as well as a K&N and filters up to 50 times better. Although I ran about 600 miles on the K&N before my filter came in, the next oil analysis showed only 50 some PPM of Wear Metals and the oil was still good at over 10,000 miles.

K&N even says that their filters do better as they get dirtier... No Brainer but, I want to catch as much dirt as possible before the filter "Starts to work".

They are a performance filter designed to flow air, they also flow dirt.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

For more info go to www.bestoil4you.com or Toll Free 1-877-356-6099 EMAIL: AMSOIL@bestoil4you.com
Amsoil Dealer Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
Roaring Toyz

Default 2011 Kawasaki Vaquero Custom in the works. 21" Front Install First

Here is a quick picture of a 21" front wheel mocked up and the front of the new Vaquero. This will give people a general idea of how cool the bike will look with a larger custom front wheel.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2182.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	4310   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2183.jpg
Views:	1563
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	4311  
Roaring Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Roaring Toyz

Default Vaquero Stripped Down for Custom Paint

Here is a quick picture of the new Kawasaki Vaquero stripped down for custom paint and part development. Over the next two weeks we will be adding a bunch of custom parts to this bike to complete for Bike Week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2203.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	4312  
Roaring Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Roadie
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsoil Dealer Group View Post
I am not familiar with the Vaquero. Can you supply me with the "Letter Designation" from Kawi ? Although it most likely takes the standard Kawi oil filter, I would like to check it out further so an OEM Part # would be great.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
Was just told my my local Dealer who sold me the Vaquero, that it uses the same filter as the Vulcan Voyager - Thanks for the info on the Oil to use and the Filter to use. I love AMSOIL and will never use any other oil in my bikes or cars and trucks.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Roadie
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth B Cooley Jr View Post
Hey Roadie,
I've put my name on a new Vaquero, the red one.
I hope to buy it in the next few months.
Want to sell a couple bikes before then.
I've owned a 2007 Vulcan Nomad 1600 that I enjoyed.
Thanks for starting the thread.
Ken C.
Think you will love it, I sure do mine. I got the quick release passenger back rest, so I can put it on when my Lady want to ride along with me and then pull if off when not, it then still has that slick mean look then. Got the passenger floorboards so her feet do not have to rest on pegs. Found the 12" windscreen gives better protection from the wind and I am just 5'9" tall.

I am sure you bike will get plenty of looks from the other bikers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement