Anyone mount an EZ Tag (or other toll tag) to their bike? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Vylkyrn2K

Default Anyone mount an EZ Tag (or other toll tag) to their bike?

I just got my EZ Tag and the instructions say that the bike must have a shield and the tag must be mounted to the top center of the shield. I don't think so! It is ugly, it will block my view and it has a weather resistant permanent adhesive for mounting. I won't stick it on my windshield. Does anyone here have an EZ Tag and how do you carry it? I was hoping it would work if I just stick it in my shirt or jacket pocket. Any experience out there?
Vylkyrn2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylkyrn2K View Post
I just got my EZ Tag and the instructions say that the bike must have a shield and the tag must be mounted to the top center of the shield. I don't think so! It is ugly, it will block my view and it has a weather resistant permanent adhesive for mounting. I won't stick it on my windshield. Does anyone here have an EZ Tag and how do you carry it? I was hoping it would work if I just stick it in my shirt or jacket pocket. Any experience out there?
If it's not "metal shielded", it should work just fine. Try it with it in your jacket pocket; you'll know soon enough if it works.
Mounted near a bottom corner of the windshield should work OK too.

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
RogerE

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylkyrn2K View Post
I used one on my last cruiser, but I had mounted on a windshield. On a glass windshield you need to mount it on the inside of the windshield. For a plastic windshield, it must be mounted on the OUTSIDE of the windshield for it to work properly. I was able to peel it off the windshield without harming the windshield when I sold the bike.

Hannigan Astro GT sidecar
Grasshopper backrest
Lowered passenger boards
W/S bag
Kuryakyn offset dually pegs
Bad Boy air horn
Firestone 195/60/16 rear tire
Airhawk 2
Shell Rotella T6 synthetic oil
Racnray's throttle mod
K&N air filter
Drilled exhaust end caps

Patriot Guard Rider
Taps Bugler - Bugles Across America
Sons of the American Legion NO-VEL Post 159

I spent most of my money on wine, women and motorcycles. The rest I wasted.
RogerE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Vylkyrn2K

Thanks for the feedback. I just got it and haven't had occasion to use it yet but when I do I'm going to try it in my pocket first. I'll let y'all know how it works. I just can't stand the idea of sticking it on the windshield!
Vylkyrn2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
one2goof

I have to take toll road to work everyday. I put mine on the bottom left of my windshield and it works fine for me.
one2goof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Red Rider
Lifetime Premium

Here's another option. Makes it easy to mount and remove from any vehicle, and no suction cups. http://www.meshproducts.net/eztoll/
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
E.Z. VOYAGER
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
Here's another option. Makes it easy to mount and remove from any vehicle, and no suction cups. http://www.meshproducts.net/eztoll/
Thanks for the link I just ordered 2. I have to change for 2 cars to 2 bikes all the time and this looks like a great solution.

2009 1700 Voyager "Enterprise" (to boldly go...)
2009 900 Vulcan "My Vulcan" SWMBO's
1980 XS1100 Midnight Special "My Midnight Ride" (sold)
1982 GS850GL "Freedom" SWMBO's (Son-in-law's now)
1982 KZ305CSR "TRAINING WHEELS" daughters

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei
E.Z. VOYAGER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
3degree

I had tried to rely on the velcro tapes that the IL IPass folks provide, but one day, had the flippin' transponder jump/fall off. I got lucky that it went down into the bike and stayed on the engine mount bars for the 50 miles to get home.... But decided to afix the transponder more securely.

I had the mesh bag- even had suggested it in a post once upon a time(maybe on the Kawasaki Beartooth forum.)

I didn't like the bouncing around in the wind and that it still wouldn't stay flat (horizontal or vertical) even being behind my windshield. I don't think it read well all the time.

Since, I bought and mounted http://www.jjcyclepass.com/ and now have NO PROBLEMS. It is attached to one of my windshield bolts off to the side and is not the hindrance to viewing that I thought it might be at first.
Current Ride: '08 Kawa Vulcan 1500 Classic, [Jardine Pipes & Pass. Footboards, Kaw W/S & Lightbar, w/MS Lowers, Kawa Lg. Pass. Seatrest, Cobra Sm. Rear Luggage Rack, Cobra Highway Bars w/Pegs, RR Windswept Saddle Bags, Grasshopper Driver Backrest. M/C Ent. Front Fender Trim, Turn Signal-Running Light Mod. & Comagination Headlight/Taillight Modulators, LED Driving Lamps, SpeedoHealer, Steibel Horn, Phatrisers II, Kuryakyn Transformer Grips w/ Helmet Locks, Water bottle Holder, IPass Holder]
3degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
PoppaaCharlie

I use one in Orlando and just keep it in my jacket pocket. Works fine
PoppaaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
VirginiaVN900

I had mine in the mesh pouch mounted on the bars. It never registered for me. I now keep it in the sleeve pocket of my jacket. I pull in the passenger tire lane and make a motion like I am using "The Force" when im under the receiver. It hasn't let me down yet

"This is not the toll money you're looking for."
VirginiaVN900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement