Handlebar Risers - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
cnile

Default Handlebar Risers

I would like to get the handlebars closer to me so I don't have to lean quite as far. How do I measure which risers will be the right ones? Where is a good place to buy them?
cnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
Biohazzmat

I opted for the risers from scootworks. They were 79.95 and did not require any cable rerouting.

This is what they say:

"This simple riser extension goes under your OEM handlebar mount, and as a result of your top tree angle, they provide approximately 1-3/4" rise and an additional 1-1/2" of pullback for your factory bars. Simple to install, and are an inexpensive way to increase comfort. "

Go here and look at the third option from bottom. vn900 not in title but listed in description and I know they do fit.

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/p...79511688.21097

Frank
Biohazzmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
cnile

Thanks for the quick reply. I will order them today. BTW my daughter lives in Midlothian off of Baily Bridge road. I ride down there regularly.
cnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
AtlAggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazzmat View Post
I opted for the risers from scootworks. They were 79.95 and did not require any cable rerouting.

This is what they say:

"This simple riser extension goes under your OEM handlebar mount, and as a result of your top tree angle, they provide approximately 1-3/4" rise and an additional 1-1/2" of pullback for your factory bars. Simple to install, and are an inexpensive way to increase comfort. "

Go here and look at the third option from bottom. vn900 not in title but listed in description and I know they do fit.

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/p...79511688.21097

Frank
The link Frank provided also shows the PhatRisers II that I installed on my '09 Classic. They "raise the bars 2.5" and pulls your grips back 3" closer to you." These are about as much as you can go without re-routing or changing your cables. They cost a little more, depending on the finish you get, but they also give you a little more pullback.

I don't think you can use the simple round riser extensions on the Classic, but these PhatRisers work well.

2010 Vulcan Voyager 1700
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT (Traded after 18,500 Miles)
SCRC # 009067, VROC # 32735
Road Captain & 1st Officer, SCRC Chapter 09 - North Georgia

Last edited by AtlAggie; 08-18-2010 at 09:20 AM.
AtlAggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
catspeaker

Hey, AtlAggie...did you have any trouble installing them? I just got my PhatRisers II and am going to install them this weekend. Anything I should watch out for? Installing on a 2009 900 Classic LT. Thanks!

Cat.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
puckoach

I have the Phat risers, which are shorter compared to the Phat II.

Combined with the Mustang seat with backrest, it's almost like a lazy boy.
Just added a Lindby bar, and my short legs are just a tad short for full Lazy boy status !!!

Just easier to install if you have an extra set of hands. Put towels/blankets on top of your tank.
06 Kawi Vulcan Nomad - Cobra Lite Bar, Phat II Risers, Vista Cruise, Krusier Kady, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Mustang w/ Backrest, Vance & Hines Dual Baggers, PC III, Cobra Luggage Rack, Electrical Connection LED R,B, T Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light, Classic Chaps, Avon Cobra's.

Last edited by puckoach; 08-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.
puckoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
puckoach

Left out the how to choose.

Sit on your bike, reach out, without extending. How short does you curled finger come from the present set-up. I knew another inch was all I needed.
puckoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
AtlAggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspeaker View Post
Hey, AtlAggie...did you have any trouble installing them? I just got my PhatRisers II and am going to install them this weekend. Anything I should watch out for? Installing on a 2009 900 Classic LT. Thanks!

Cat.
Cat, I actually got the shop to install my Phat II's, since I bought them the day I bought the bike. (I picked up the new bike, rode about 30 miles with my SCRC group, then turned around and went back to the shop to get the risers! ).

But I watched him do the install and it only took about 30 minutes. No re-routing of the cables was needed, although the clutch cable is stretched about as far as it can go when you're in a full right lock.

And puckoach, I know what you mean about the lazyboy. I have a Utopia backrest on my Kawasaki Gel seat, and installed the Lindby Multibar last month. I've got to scoot up toward the tank a little to get both feet on the bar.

2010 Vulcan Voyager 1700
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT (Traded after 18,500 Miles)
SCRC # 009067, VROC # 32735
Road Captain & 1st Officer, SCRC Chapter 09 - North Georgia
AtlAggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
pcmikey

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlAggie View Post
The link Frank provided also shows the PhatRisers II that I installed on my '09 Classic. They "raise the bars 2.5" and pulls your grips back 3" closer to you." These are about as much as you can go without re-routing or changing your cables. They cost a little more, depending on the finish you get, but they also give you a little more pullback.

I don't think you can use the simple round riser extensions on the Classic, but these PhatRisers work well.
The round risers from scootworks work on the drag bars on the 900 custom. I have them on mine. On my previous 1600 classic, I used the billet Phatrisers II and they were perfect. Note that ScootWorks had a slowdown from the economy, but have rehired staff and are turning out stuff now. Work through your Kawasaki dealer to get their attention.

Mike
pcmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #10
lazyboy9902

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum. I just bought an 09 900LT this past summer and I am in the process of accessorizing and customizing for this years riding.
One question I have not seen address in forums so far is the angle of the handle grips. I am a 6' 4" medium build individual and when I sit reasonably comfortably I find that my wrists are really bent out in order to grip the bars. I did some measuring and found the stock bars (09 900LT) come back @ 75deg. When I checked my wrist comfort angle using a couple of broom handles I found that my comfort zone was around 135deg. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
lazyboy9902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement