Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Bobber build, if you want to call it that (lots of pics to come)

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  4DGS 
#1 ·
Going to post updates in here for the things I'll be doing along the way, I don't keep anything stock so this bike will be no exception.

Started with the rear fender, didn't want to do a totally rigid fender by mounting it to swing arm so I decided to keep the mounting locations the same as OEM just a slightly different fender style.

This is mostly just mocked up, I may mod the frame a little to taper towards the back but it's not yet necessary. A little more fiddling around with it and I'll have it sitting where I want.

La Rosa Solo seat is in the mail as well as the suction cup passenger seat. Also have some 32" drag bars on route.

I'll keep you posted as I go.

See less See more
#7 ·
You have a good start. At least the bike has good lines. I hear ya on the parts, but making stuff work is half the fun, right?! Crazy how I was able to find more parts for my '82 honda then this. If you want to lower the rear, try honda rebel shocks. they're around 10 1/2 inches or shorty shocks. I got some for the honda a dimecitycycles, but I'm shure you could goggle it. Good luck with it.

#10 ·
My honda felt ok. I had them set hard so it wouldn't bottom out. It wasn't any worse then the honda spirit I had. There's always a compromise. Of course shock travel will be less then now. I haven't used the rebel shocks, but a friend has. Said they weren't bad. Rebel's can be had for around $40. New shorty shocks around $80. Just lowering the rear does affect how it handles. Made mine feel heavier then it was. Just a bit more work in the turns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.