Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

V2K pics

312K views 821 replies 198 participants last post by  Elstro17 
#1 ·
Show off your V2K here! I know we've got some out there:D

#414 ·
Spikes on Ebay and Bike pictures

BiSarge, you can pick them up on ebay. This is an active auction number where I bought them Ebay #290274915340 $35.00 a pair. Posting a few new clearer pictures, Smedlin the bike looks awesome, your's too BiSarge!!!

Attachments

#421 ·

One of the few times out of the year my bike isn't covered in rain spots and road grime. She gets ridden daily... have a cobra sissybar and luggage rack on it now.

#428 ·
If you'd put some chrome on that bike it'd look better.

#430 ·
You made me go look thru some of the pictures in the V2K thread. I assumed everybody has that bracket. It's normally "black", but last week I took it off and sanded/polished it.

I went thru some of the pics here in the V2K thread. Some of the bikes have it, some don't. It makes no difference as to an "older" or "newer" model. Mine is an 04. I saw some on 05 and an 09 that had it.

But I also saw an 04 that did not.

I always thought it was some sort of tie down bracket. I started to not put it back on the bike the other day, but all polished up it looks pretty good.

#434 · (Edited)
It was great to meet Smedlin and his wife this weekend at the rally!! He is a hell of a nice guy and glad I had the chance to meet him. His bike was looking great in the bike show, how did you fare in the contest Smedlin??
Wasn't enough bikes in the "normal" metric cruiser contest. So they ended up combining categories. I (and some of the m109 guys) ended up being put up against the true "show bikes".

We had cool looking bikes, but we could not compete against those types of bikes. Wasn't really fair, but nothing we could do..

Also, the Saturday contest (with the Harley's) was a large panel of Judges that walked around and voted on the bikes. The metric contest just had some (one) guy who looked them over.. was very very unorganized.

It was cool to be able to say I did it.. but won't do it again.

(btw, some guy with a 900 won (second place I think) best "metric bagger/fairing" category. I have some pics of him holding the trophy. But I don't know who it was. I recognized his bike from here though.)

#442 ·
That is what I thought.

#441 ·
I hope to ride tomorrow for what is likely the last time this season, supposed to be a high of 39F and some sunshine. If I can get in a half hour after work and then change oil and do the rest of the winterizing she will be put to bed for the winter. A week from now it is supposed to go down to minus 17 - ugh.

#447 ·
I see you got the other chrome cover installed. Hope ya like to look of not having the lower mounting screw exposed.

#450 ·
that's some nice pics 101.

Have you thought about moving that license plate somewhere else? it looks much better when it's not on top (even if you do have it laying down) up like that..

Also,mustang makes a rear fender bib that matches your tank bib.. would look good on there.

#452 ·
thanks guys. i have thought about a side mount. i want to chop the rear fender to show off more of that massive tire. just havent built up the balls to cut it yet.