Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Lower seat-

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  derekd403 
#1 ·
Guys, I would like to lower the seat on my 1990 Vulcan 500 so after reading posts bought a set of shocks off a Suizuki 650, 1996 model( according to the seller) off E Bay- no help, same size as the ones on the bike, 12 inches. Question- what is the best shock to get , also what size are the shocks on a 96 Savage? Or other options?
Thanks,OS
PS- shocks for sale cheap-

#13 ·
I put the s40 shocks on mine and it is lowwwwww. it tucks the rim when im on it, i mean this thing is low. I shaved the seat on mine and now i can get on the bike from the rear flat-footed and im only 5'11". It looks awesome!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Read the post about making a jig for disssembling shocks, thought I would try to cut down the shocks I got from E Bay, any tips on cutting springs? Maximun amount to cut off, shape ends etc.?
Thanks, OS
When I cut mine,I just used a cut off wheel on my grinder.I cut 1 1/2" coils out of mine.But I cut out a half coil at a time & reassembled to check for height.I ground the tip of the coil flat so there is no sharp edges to sit inside upper cap.:);)

#17 ·
Soooooo, pics or it didn't happen?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.