Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

starter solenoid question?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony G. 
#1 ·
I got the 800 all wired etc. guy was complaining of no spark (which is why i got it for so cheap. on the wiring diagram it show battery, starter and 3 other little wires going to the solenoid. My question is the one he had on the bike (brand new) but its a universal and has only one prong (not 3) I see the diagram shows the wires going to White = recifier, brown/yellow = tail light, and yellow and red to junction box. (do i get a factory one or is there a way to use this universal one and not hook wires up. lol i know stupid question but wanna hear the bike run before i dump money into it.

#2 ·
If you just want to hear it run, may be able to get away with just hooking up the one for the junction box and be able to start it. The taillight isn't needed to start it, and not sure about the rectifer. Might want to hook it up with junction box wire to see if it starts. Perhaps somebody else has another opinion or advice, but this should let you hear it run.

#6 ·
+1 on OEM one. SMH wondering why the PO put on a universal one.

Is the PO a drug addict? Seriously, it sounds eerily familiar to that type of addictive and substance behavior. He couldn't realistically expect to rewire a factory wired bike without understanding how all the components work together. Get an OEM one and start from there.

When you say cheap how cheap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.