Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B

9K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Strompilot 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I sold my beautiful 2006 Titanium colored Wing because it was top heavy, had a very uncomfortable seat and the saddle height was too far to the ground. Even with several thousand dollars of options including an Ultimate seat it still wasn't Nomad comfortable. The F6B looks like it just solved all of those problems. Dang........now I'll have to take a look once they hit the dealers floor! ;)

#3 ·
That new Wing is really nice. While I was looking on Honda's site I saw the new CB1100. I am a fan of those CB Hondas. A CB 400 was my first motorcycle. I don't know how well they will sell but I like these two more than Hondas whole silly 1300 line.

#6 ·
A guy on another forum guessed that F6B stands for Flat six bagger. Sounds about right to me.

I think it is more like the Vision 8 ball than the k1600GT.

#7 ·
Looks like Honda is making a foray. Into the bigger market. To be sure, many Gold Wingers don't like it. It's not exactly a cruiser, but it's not a full on touring bike, either. Time will tell on this one. It looks cool to me.

#8 ·
It looks good, but I think they should bring back the Valkerie.

#11 ·
Was at a rally 2 years ago, and the local Victory dealer had a coulpe new bikes there. He told me the new Goldwing would be influenced by the Vision. When it came out last year, I could see a simularity from the side view, across the tank and seat area manly, somewhat in the fairing. Seems the Vision 8ball would be a direct compettitor to this bike. And at 20,999 for the deluxe version, seems like a very good deal, considering the reputation of the Goldwing for racking up miles. And it also comes in RED!!

#12 ·
Look out Vaquero!!

It has one thing that Vaquero, Road glide, Crosscountry ,,,, don't have a smooooth , loooong, lasting flat 6, Honda's flagship motor!! I like it , worth a look at the new scoot shows next month.:drool:

#16 ·
It has one thing that Vaquero, Road glide, Crosscountry ,,,, don't have a smooooth , loooong, lasting flat 6, Honda's flagship motor!! I like it , worth a look at the new scoot shows next month.:drool:
Even though I'm quite partial to V-Twin motorcycles, I have to say the Honda flat-6 is, in my opinion, the best motorcycle engine ever made. STUPIDLY reliable (500,000 miles without opening it up is not uncommon, and that alone tells you how comfortable these machines are that so many people HAVE that kind of mileage), insanely smooth (you can balance a coin on the valve cover and rev it up!), and tremendous power.

But, me and my long legs don't agree with the flat 6 motor since it takes away the ability for forward controls or forward mounted floorboards. They are tempting bikes though!

#13 ·
Reminds me of the Victory Vision 8 Ball which is kinda cool but that name "F6B" is just plain awefull! If they are trying for Gold Wing with cruiser attitude why not "Black Wing" or "Dark Wing"?

#14 ·
Love this bike, have as as my desktop at work now, it repaced m beloved vulcan 2000 desktop, if i hhad the money I would be all over that, but i have one graduating in a few months and one graduating in 3 years, then it will be dads time to splurge(I hope), and this is what i will get

#17 ·
Actually, Imthink you'd find it to be pretty comfortable. I don't know what your inseam is, but mine is 32/33" and at 66, I'm comfortable on the Wing. I didn't start feeling my knees object until near the end of a long day ride--250--350 miles. The seat is pretty roomy, and allows a fair amount of room to move around. Add a set of Kuryakyn Ergo highway pegs on the crash bars and you're set up.

I am saying this from my having owned 2 GL1800's. this new F6B is nothing more than a stripped down Gold Wing. The trunk is gone, as is the center stand and reverse, and they put on a shorty shield. The engine is the same,silky smooth with gobs of very tractible power. The transmission has great gearing, but is a bit clunky. The price is similar to that of a Road King, for example, and a bit more than a Nomad or Vaquero. Count on gas mileage to be between 38 and 45 mpg, depending on what your right hand does. A plus is that heat is not a problem with the Wing. I call it a Wing because it is just that--a Wing with different clothes. My here are a lot seat options out there to address things like inseam issues.

#18 ·
My inseam is about 35". I've ridden an 1800, an 1800 I can ride. I've also ridden a 1500 Valk, and that didn't work. The 1800 is nice and comfortable and is definitely on my list. I just really like the forward position of the V-Twin cruisers.

I'm in no hurry to trade in my 900. But ya never know, it might be an 1800 wing when that time comes. There are lots of great used ones at a low cost, and a used wing with 35,000 miles on it will go farther than a new Road King or Nomad will!

#19 ·
Romans5.8;268875I'm in no hurry to trade in my 900. But ya never know said:
You are quite correct on that. In the 85000 miles I owned my '05 1800 Wing (bought new in '05) All I did was install the All Balls tapered steering head bearings, replace a set of fork seals and a set of front wheel bearings that needed to be retired. I did replace the fork springs with Progressive fork springs. The OEM suspension needs to be somewhat better than it is, and with the Gold Wing, is a frequently replaced item. The rest of it included tires, oil, oil and air filters. The valves never needed to be adjusted in 85000 miles!! Nothing went wrong with it and I trusted that bike completely to get wherever I was going and back. I rather suspect that the F6B will be no different.

#20 ·
Well I'd go with the 'regular' wing. I'm not a huge fan of the F6B :p. I don't like stuff blacked out, and I'd prefer the bigger/bulkier look. I'd like to have the storage and taller windshield as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.