Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1700 Accessories

210K views 204 replies 74 participants last post by  MEGATRON 
#1 · (Edited)
NEW LIST AT END OF THREAD

* = Review/Impressions in this thread or linked to from this thread.

New lists and items will just be added onto the end of this thread, as there's a limit to the amount of text that you can add to any one particular post.

#108 ·
On this Dobecks; can you recommend tried and true settings, and how has it affected your fuel mileage? Thanks

#109 ·
I would start with the recommended settings from Dobeck. I live/ride about 6000 feet higher in altitude than you and air intake/exhaust mods are very likely quite different as well.

That being said, I'm pretty loose to the recommended settings but am still playing with it.

Dobeck base settings for VN1700:

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Cruiser/viewproduct.asp?partnumber=9120277

#110 ·
Just looked at your mods list and with just slip ons, the general consensus on the board seams to be that no controller is needed.

Personally, I like to play with things so I would use one anyway however you will likely not experience significant gains.

As for MPG, I modded the bike as soon as I got it (its a sickness) so I have no idea what the pre mileage was. After, if I keep it below 80 (hard to do as I see a bunch of interstate ride time) I seam to get 39.5 - 42 mpg over the last 2500 miles 9mix of 2 up/1 up/highway/2 lane/mountains/commuting). Last two commuting rides with the cruse set at or near max speed (80+) when not in traffic (200 mile commute) I got 35-36.5

#115 ·
What happened with the PCV? Did you get a map from one of us on the forum? I have several maps you could have tried.

G
#117 ·
Every map I used seemed to make the issue worse. I talked to the dealer and they could dyno it, but they wanted $200. I'm still trying to modify the baffles on my V&H exhaust, so I wanted to hold off.

Funny thing is when the bike is cold it runs great, but once it heats up it backfires and pops badly.

#116 ·
I know I have seen it mentioned before, but if you are looking to put Chrome covers on your Voyager Passenger floorboards it's CHEAP. cost me $14.25 for the set from Kawasaki dealer.
Kawasaki oem part # 14091-0229 times 2. made for the older Nomads, v2k's, and 900s, but fit the Voyager PERFECT.
don't know if it would look good on Vaquero, because of all the black, but Voyagers need more chrome.....

#118 ·
Did you ever block off the fresh air hose that takes air to the exhaust system? That can be helpful and also you might have a intake manifold leak. There's a good thread on that from RacNray.
Another thing that I did was to add fuel to the "O" throttle column in the fuel chart in map.

#119 · (Edited)
LAST UPDATE: MAY 20, 2012 (Bags, Electronics/Mounts, Fuel Processors, Miscellaneous,

OEM (Kawasaki.com)
-Audio (iPod, XM Radio, Rear Speakers)*
-Windshields (Standard & Quick Release); nb: quick-release incompatible with OEM lowers
-Light Bar*
-Engine Guard*
-Back Rests and Racks
-Saddlebags, Luggage and Saddlebag Trim
-Seats
-Floorboards and Footpegs
-Chrome & Other Trim and Accents (Handlebar Clamps, Engine Side Cover Trim, Speedometer Visor, Brake Caliper Accents, Fender Trim) (See Bigmacbkr's impressions)*
-Electrical Accessories (eg. Accessory Power Socket)
-Brackets (GPS, Phone)
-Covers
-Mini Pump For Air Shocks

BACKRESTS (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)
-Grasshopper Limited
-Cobra USA
-Ultimate Seats Backrests
-Utopia Products Backrest

BAGS, TANK/FENDER BIBS, ENGINE GUARD CHAPS, POCKETS
-Sagebrush Designs Tank Bib
-Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad, Classic w/ OEM Guards)
-Desert Dawgs Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)
-AirLite Motorcycle Engine Guard Chaps (Nomad)
-Classic Chaps

DRESS-UP BITS
-Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover
-Chrome World Front Axle Plug
-Cobra USA license plate frame, oil dipstick
-Fender Tips (Front and Rear) (Available from Value Accessories; Front; Rear)
-Speedometer Cowl
-Voyager Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield Trim, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Saddlebag and Topcase Trims (Available from Phat Performance Parts)
-Nomad Fairing, Fork Bullets, Fork Air Deflector, Windshield, Radiator Cover, Driver Backrest, Heelrest, Passenger Floorboard, Passenger Backrest, Luggage Rack, Saddlebag Trim

ELECTRONICS, MOUNTS
-RAM Mounts
-Dock Extenders

ENGINE/CRASH GUARDS
-Cobra USA Fatty Freeway Bar

EXHAUST
-Cobra USA, (Slip-On, Dragster, Speedster Long/Short/Slashdown, Tri-Oval, Scalloped)(Impressions, Video From Johnasara) *
-D&D Slip-On Exhaust (Nomad, Voyager)
-Vance and Hines Big Shots

FAIRINGS
-Hoppe Industries
-Memphis Shades (See Lifecast's Review)*
-Premeux
-Tsukayu

...Continued in next post

#120 · (Edited)
PART 2 (See Previous Post For Part 1)

FLOORBOARDS & PEGS
-Chrome OEM Floorboard Covers (Product Number)(Purchase)
-Kuryakyn (requires additional purchase of splined adaptor for VN1700)
-Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
-Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Pad
-Marvellas

FUEL PROCESSORS
-Dynojet Power Commander V (PCV From Indy Superbikes)
-Power Commander V Autotune Kit (Nb: In software, turn off the Rev Extender)
-Electronic Jet Kit
-FI2000
-GMan Industries

HITCHES AND TOWING
-MCHitch
-Marvellas

INTAKE-RELATED
-K&N Air Filter
-Thunder Mfg Air Intake Kits and Big Air Kit

LIGHT BARS/DRIVING LIGHTS, OTHER LIGHTING
-Cobra USA
-Custom World International
-Kuryakyn LED Run-Turn-Brake Spoiler*

MISCELLANEOUS
-Cup Holder, Trunk Extender (Marvellas)
-Vaquero Parts
-Racnray's Throttle Modification

RACKS (REAR, TRUNK AND SADDLEBAG)
-Irons in the Fire
-Star Accessories Trunk Rack (Perfect Fit for Voyager Trunk)
-Cooler/Luggage Rack (Marvellas)

RADIATOR COVERS
-CWI VN2000 Rad Cover (Perfect Fit for VN1700)
-Irate Customs Rad Covers

SADDLEBAG BRACKETS (QUICK-RELEASE)
-Edge Saddlebag Brackets (Formerly Known as Ghost Brackets)*
-Easy Brackets (Not available; still looking for a bike to use as a model for new brackets)

SADDLEBAG SYSTEMS (Universal Bags + Custom-Fit Brackets)
-Klicbag
-US Saddlebag Company (Kit not listed on website, but is available if you phone/email)

SEATS, SEAT COVERS, BACKRESTS
-Corbin Seats (Voyager, Nomad)
-Mustang Motorycle Seats
-Russel Cycle Products (Day-Long Seats)
-Ultimate Seats (Nomad, Voyager)

TOOLS, UTILITIES
-Oil Temp + Level Gauge

WINDSHIELDS
-Clearview Shields (Voyager, Vaquero)
-Rifle Soloshield
-Memphis Shades (Shields will only mount using Trigger-Lock system; This is new information from Memphis Shades; awaiting member confirmation)

#130 ·
Fairing recommendation

How did you like this fairing? Would you buy another? Anything you would change about this?

#123 ·
LEDLights4Bikes.Com for some great lighting systems at very affordable prices! Compare and save! I have these on ALL my bikes and LOVE 'em !!!

#124 ·
Light Bar recommendations?

I want to put extra lights up front just to let the cagers see something they can focus on but I don't know if I should just order the Kawasaki light bar or if there is something better. I do want something that looks "traditional" and does light up the night. Other than that I'm open to suggestions....

Thanks,

Eric

#126 ·
I want to put extra lights up front just to let the cagers see something they can focus on but I don't know if I should just order the Kawasaki light bar or if there is something better. I do want something that looks "traditional" and does light up the night. Other than that I'm open to suggestions....

Thanks,

Eric
Well, mine is nothing like "traditional" but it DOES light up the night! It lights up the ground for several yards around the bike in all directions and if you are being viewed from the side, you will be seen 40-50 yards earlier than with just stock lights alone. :)

#127 ·
Light Bar

I just ordered a "KAWASAKI VULCAN 1700 LIGHTBAR CLASSIC NOMAD LT LIGHT BAR VN1700 09 10 11 12" from Twigg Cycles off ebay. I hope it is the right one and works as it is suppose to. Supposedly it was the last one they had. It is new and in the box, never opened. I have the 2009 Nomad 1700. I am thinking it is the right one based on the description.

#129 ·
Lightbar

Received the light bar from Twig Cycles. It fit perfectly, Only drawback is the turn signal wires are not integrated (threaded) through the bar like the spot lights are and hang on the outside. Would have been a lot better for all the wires to run through one hole in the bar. Oh well, it all works and that is what I wanted. Looks good and the lights work the way they are supposed to.

#134 ·
Mini Beast Air Horn for the Vaquero

Love the Mini Beast Air Horns for the Vaqueros, click on the image to enlarge to see the setup.

You can find them in several styles and color, too.

Attachments

#135 · (Edited)
#136 ·
2010 voyager. stock cb radio. no reception on am available when motor on. good cb reception, but guys i ride with whine about terrible quality of the transmitter on the bike.
two kawasaki dealers and customer support number i call all say too bad,, sooo sad.
does not seem right to me. any one else with this kind of problem

thanx

steveob

#137 ·
Heat shrink the boom mIc if you use a open helmet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.