Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Finally got the 21"!

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  IL Vaquero 
#1 ·
Well, I finally got my Roaring Toyz 21" front wheel kit on my Vaquero. It's the PM Luxe platinum contrast cut wheel with a Dunlop Elite III 120/70 tire. I love it!! In January, I will disassemble the bike for custom paint. It will be similar to the Roaring Toyz custom Vaquero. It should hopefully be done by mid February.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the wheel, but not sure if I like the look on the bike.

Are you planning to do something to make the bike ride level instead of looking like it is going up hill all the time? Rake the front end? Slide the forks up in the triple tree?

I am planning to eventually do a 21" wheel on my Mean Streak. Going to do the 8 degree rake this december and the wheel as soon as funds are replenished.

#6 ·
Actually it is going uphill. The garage floor has the front wheel and it is higher than the drive way.

Looks good. Any wheel wobble? How does it handle fair sized bumps?

#13 ·
I've only ridden a couple hundred miles since the install, and I put in Ride-On instead of Dynabeads. I feel like it takes a little more input to the handlebars to turn than with the stock tire, but not enough to bother me. I still have no trouble scraping the boards at will.

#11 ·
Wow, looks awesome, I am picking up my new Vaquero in 2 weeks, already have the 21" on order from roaring twinz myself. I also plan on installing the progressive suspension front lowering kit on as RT did in their build, lowers it and levels it, good luck with your paint. I sat on that bike last year, they did an amazing job on it. Oh yeah, also ordered their 13" apes.

#15 ·
ts th 21in tire is smokeeen hot, I can't afford that add on and don't think the old wife would like it much.I think it makes the bike look good let us know about handling and ride after you try it awhile Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.