Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

THUNDER 100inch PISTONS/CAM KIT. Anyone have this?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Windburn Bill 
#1 ·
Is the performance increase enough to make it worth $1000? I'll be doing a top end rebuild soon and I'm looking at all my options.

#2 ·
I was looking forward to some ideas here. Maybe nobody has done the top end yet.
I was looking into doing it this winter if the funding becomes available. Good luck Bill. Let us know if you go ahead with it.

#3 ·
I looked into the thunder mountain kit. Thought I wanted to do it....but. the bore on the 1600 already exceeds the stroke length. I don't think I'll get the results I want by increasing the bore. So when I add it all up, the cost of parts, then machined and I would probably pay the shop to put her together. I can't justify it. The reviews I've read about it are several years old except for one if I remember right. I think I'll save my money and buy that Victory cross country maybe the cross country tour. I sat on that bike and fell in love. I do still love my Vulcan (Betty) but her stroke will always be lesser than her bore.

#4 ·
I came to the same conclusion. Gaining 6 cubic inches and a little more performance just doesn't justify the expense. Besides, I'm planning on buying a different bike in a couple of years. I'd be better off sticking that $1000 in my Harley jar and using it towards the new purchase.
My 1600CL runs pretty darn strong just the way it is. Think I'll forget the about the 100 inch kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.