Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

35 years and I had my first crash yesterday.

16K views 116 replies 41 participants last post by  rkd2.3 
#1 ·
I proved yesterday that two bikes cannot occupy the same spot at the same time.

Don't know how bad she(bike) is yet, I spent a day and a half in hospital. Got broken left thumb, lots of road rash, really sore back, can barely walk, right elbow is hamburger, did face plant on pavement, don't look too good right now.
Feel much worse.

#114 ·
#115 ·
I found out today that the Vulcan 2000 that I was looking at turned out to be a basket case, it was mistakenly posted on cycle trader and should have actually been sent to the salvage yard, so that one went by the way side. Now I'm Not really sure what I'm looking for anymore. The V2K's seem to be a rare commodity and their are none close to me.

I am not really in a hurry to buy another bike because I can't ride anyhow with a broken hand but I would like to find something comparable to what I had and affordable at the same time. Any leads would be appreciated and I'll do what I can.

#117 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawa...motorcycles&hash=item1c2d9bbc3e#ht_500wt_1184

Heres a really low mile , 08 LT in Waxahacie Texas.

And another low miler 08 in Round Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawa...torcycles&hash=item2c6a080a9c#ht_15345wt_1170

Question:. Who buys a NEW motorcycle in {assuming}2008 & only rides it 2800 miles in almost 5 yrs??? There seem to be quite a few low mile bikes on the market.
WOW , I put that on within 2 weeks, wnen I got my V2k new, & I wasnt retired either.
Maybe Im just a high miler???? I consider a REALLY GREAT trip , means I used up a tire enroute . A GOOD trip means oil change midway. Anything else is just a fun few days on the road.
I also bought a used V2K with 5500 mi on it, I was 3rd owner, within a month it had double that on it.??????
To each their own , I guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.