Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Austin Noob

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  badinoff 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought my first ever iron horse - 2008 900 Custom. Hoping this is a beginning of a beautiful relationship! :)

B

#3 ·
Welcome aboard from VA

#11 ·
Welcome to the forums from Dallas!

#12 ·
Thanks to everyone for the great welcome! Found a motorcycle safety course, and hoping to be done with it a weekend from now. Safe is the mantra. I'm hoping that the thunder-like engine sound will help others notice me as well ;)

#14 ·
1431 is a great ride, and they're are countless small roads that you can turn down, I just like to head out and turn down a random road. Lime creek road is a great ride, tons of turns sweepers, tight hairline, lots of elevation changes. But there is a chip seal surface that you need to be careful of, due to the tight turns, a lot of people will cross into your lane, along with trucks pulling boats. Fun road but definitely one to bee careful on, and not for an inexperienced rider. Both are good close rides so you can have a good ride on a half day or less depending on how far you go.Some of my best rides, I pick a direction towards the hill country and just go. If I am ambitious I'll pull up Google maps and find the fun roads.
But when you get out of the city, just about any fm or rm road will be a nice relaxing, or exhilarating ride

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
yea I would be the inexperienced one so I'll wait a little but before going with exhilarating and stick to relaxing for now. I'll check out fm's and such first. thanks!

also thanks for the mobile app idea! sitting on the forum in the middle of a boring meeting :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.