Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

VN900c SE decal question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tiefighter 
#1 ·
I am going to bobb my VN900c SE (matt black).

I read somewhere on the forum that the stickers on the tank and fender should not be removed as clear coat was appplied on top of them.

So question is:

1. Can anyone with SE matt black 2010 confirm this? I would like to remove the decals, but I dont want to repaint.

2. If decals needs to stay... I will want to put decals on rear fender to match. Anyone know where I can get matching racing strips made/purchased for the rear fender? Issue with using oem racing strip is that they are too short.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Sojourner.

I called several custom decal places that makes racing stripes... none of them felt comfortable they can recreate the OEM look.

I am considering using two OEM rear fender decals for the new custom rear fender. I was going to join the two, but i think I will leave a blank space between two decals and put a logo decal. Likely an Imperial logo from star wars in the center of the fender.

Attachments

#4 ·
Kawi should have part numbers to purchase all the decals separately. Check your local Kawi dealer, or a Kawi Parts catalog. I know for my 2009 SE there are individual part numbers for decals, I would assume the same for any other model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.