Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

speaker upgrade

61K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Einstein 
#1 ·
After reading Rays post regarding the Infinity speaker he put in his Vaquero I ordered a set for my Voyager.

I had already installed the Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp. and was using Boston Acoustics speakers. Sounded OK, just not crazy with the Boston Acoustics.

The Infinity Kappa speakers can truly be called "loudspeakers". With 4 speakers you used to be surrounded by the music. The Infinity speakers completely drown out the Bostons in the rear. In order to be surrounded I have to fade to the rear a few bars. The sound is much cleaner. The highs are clearer.

I'll probably have to figure out a way to put a set in the rear. A small challenge due to the connector on the Infinity speakers won't fit into the speaker pods on the tour pack.

Thanks Ray and your customer who turned you on to these.

#2 ·
GLAD TO HEAR!! The sound from my stereo is so much better than b4, truly enjoyable now. When I have some time I'll open up the Power Pucks and see (hear?) if I can improve on the sound and volume over the adjustments I came up with for the Hog Tune speakers.
I have been sick for about 3 weeks now and have not been able to ride the skoot, the short time i did ride with the new stuff is now kind of a tease! I wanna ride!!! :(

RACNRAY

#4 ·
What about moisture? I read the specs and didn't see anything about marine certified or anything.

#5 ·
Marine grade protect against salt water corrosion.I you live in Key West, you need marine grade. I had 4 Boston Acoustics in a Harley fairing on my 03 Nomad for 3 years. They weren't marine grade.
Most all the decent speakers made now have polypropelene cones and water doesn't hurt them. Old speakers used organic (paper based) cones. I remember spraying ScotchGuard fabric protector on the speakers on my sailboat 25 years ago.

#6 ·
That makes sense. Sure wish I could hear them before I decide to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.