Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1700 pics here!

461K views 926 replies 378 participants last post by  Hawk-I 
#1 ·
Show pictures of your 1700 here.

#302 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my VV.

I have a bit of 'add-ons' on the way, and a few more on my wish list.
But for now she is stock.

Here is my Ugly mug.

Scott

Reactions: Panayiotis
#304 ·
Thanks TB!
It is definately my favorite color for the VV.

I liked the green and beige in 09 and the red and black in 10, but the white is my favorite.

Scott

#305 ·
Scott:

I love it, but then of course I do. Sounds like me and you have the same taste. I had the green and pewter 2006 and now the white and gold 2012.

So far I have put a Corbin dual saddle on, RACNRAY's throttle mod on Kuryakyn Iso grips, hardwired my GPS, added RAM mounts for the GPS and iPhone and a 14" Cee Bailey's tinted windshield. I'm trying to decide right now if I'm going to drill out the rear baffles like I did on my Nomad or order the Cobra slip-ons. I may just drill them out for now to save a little money. Taking the VV out to Tennessee next month to meet my brother and best friend in Pigeon Forge. We're going to ride the Dragon and Devil's Triangle.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#307 ·
I did not buy the house new, so I did not have any input there. But I do like the color.:D

As far as the transportation goes; any Texan can tell you the impact your choice of color has in August!:sun:
In 2000 I was looking for a new GREEN Jeep Cherokee. I found a good enough deal on a white one that I compromised on color.

By the end of that summer, I was sold, and haven't looked back!

Scott

#316 ·
HEY!!!

I just checked out your garage.

That is a nice looking WHITE GW you go there Minnesota!:D

Now you are ready for a trip to the dirty south.

Scott

#309 ·
Great lookin' bike Scott....I think that color is great too....just wonder why kawa put
black on the bottom half of the piece in front of the saddlebags instead of the gold?
Thats the only thing I don't like.
By the way, there was no green & beige on a VV in 09...did you maybe see one that
someone had painted?

#310 ·
Great lookin' bike Scott....I think that color is great too....just wonder why kawa put
black on the bottom half of the piece in front of the saddlebags instead of the gold?
Thats the only thing I don't like.
By the way, there was no green & beige on a VV in 09...did you maybe see one that
someone had painted?
You are right on both.

It should be gold.

Maybe I am remembering the Green and beige Nomads; I could have sworn my dealer had a green VV in his showroom.

I think that green from the Nomads would be a great color for the VV though. Maybe, it was just wishful remembering.:D

Scott

#312 ·
The only green and beige bike I know of was the 2006 Nomad. They may have made the classic in that color too. Don't know about that one.

#313 ·
I have a Green/Beige 2009 1700 Classic LT, so I know that made it in that color :)

#314 ·
You're right. (Of course you are, you have the bike) I knew there was a green and beige Classic, but couldn't remember what year. I had the green and beige Nomad in 2006.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#315 ·
I hear ya Twowheel....I still think it just looks out of place.
It's like...wow look at that nice white and gold.....that's really nice lookin'
then...BAM...that one patch of black smacks you right in the eyeball..!!:confused:

#318 ·
White/Gold

OK Scott, on the right side of the bike, just ahead of the clutch housing, that ugerly black odd shaped piece of plastic that doesn't cover anything, paint it GOLD. I did on my plasma blue '09, and it looks kinda neat!

hank

#323 ·
#324 ·

#326 ·
It came as a straight Classic. Everything else has been upgrades.

2009 1700 Vulcan Classic
OEM Windshield w/ lowers
OEM Passenger Floorboards
OEM Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
Mustang Seat with driver’s back rest
Mustang Passenger Backrest Pad
OEM Chrome Engine Guard
RacnRay's throttle mod
Kuryakan Foot Pegs
Kuryakan Hand Grips with Throttle Boss
Thunder Manufacturing Air Kit
Thunder Manufacturing decorative plate for left side
Cobra Long Shots
Cobra PowerPro Auto Tune Controller

#328 ·
2009 vn 1700

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

#329 · (Edited)
Trip

Enjoying the Voyager more than I ever expected.
Hope to get some more pics up soon.

Scott

#330 ·
Scott... where is that? I will be back in Corsicana in two weeks for a month..... that's where the scoots are....

#331 ·
Hey Bubba,
It's the TX hill country.
I am staying in Kerrville; the first two pics are on the way to Leakey. The warning sign is on one of the three sisters.
Some of the best riding roads in TX.

check it out.
http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html

Scott

#332 ·
Been a while.... almost 40 years, but I have been to Kerrville a lot. Had an Uncle living there. Went hunting/fishing with him a lot when I was stationed at Del Rio.

One of the first places I plan on going next April is Del Rio to see some people I used to work with. Some of them are still alive... I was last there in 1975.

#333 ·
Sounds like a nice trip to make on the bike! Lots of nice roads west of San Antonio and Austin.

I have never been to Del Rio myself, but I hear things have gotten pretty bad the other side of the border in the last several years.
I know several people who will not go into Mexico there anymore.
But, I guess if you are visiting friends who live in the area, they should know if it is safe or not.

Scott

#334 ·
I hear things have gotten pretty bad the other side of the border in the last several years.
I know several people who will not go into Mexico there anymore.
I have no desire or need to go into Mexico for any reason now or ever again, and I am sure I can handle any desperadoes that may come along. I have had plenty of practice... and hands on experience...

#335 ·
I have a friend whose father lives in Del Rio; he is Hispanic and has friends on the other side of the border.
About three years ago he was in his truck when three other trucks boxed him in, pointed guns at him and forced him off the road. They took his wallet and ransacked his truck.
They said they were going to kill him because he was American driving a truck with TX plates; if one of the neighborhood kids had not recognized him and told the desperadoes he saw him in the area all the time, he feels they would have.

I am sure you have been in plenty of real life dangerous situations, and I don't doubt your ability to handle them. But; bad odds are what they are; and that is what the desperadoes depend on.

It is mainly redundant advice and If you're not planning on crossing, it is all moot anyway.:)

Ride Safe
Scott

#336 ·
Opps!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

Wrecked my baby a month ago. Guy cut me off and I had very little time to react. Had to lay her down. The crash bars did their job but, still had some minor scratch damage to her body. I, on the other hand, wound up with 7 broken ribs and a broken fibula in my lower left leg.

#338 ·
View attachment 14174

View attachment 14175

Wrecked my baby a month ago. Guy cut me off and I had very little time to react. Had to lay her down. The crash bars did their job but, still had some minor scratch damage to her body. I, on the other hand, wound up with 7 broken ribs and a broken fibula in my lower left leg.
Sorry to hear about your wreck and injuries.

I wonder what would have happened had you been on a bike with ABS brakes. Be kinda hard to lay it down on purpose, let alone by accident. Wonder if it would have helped or hurt your situation.